FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 291 of 920 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 9194

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I can't find it being discussed anywhere on here, which I figured it has got to be somewhere, so move this as necessary...

Did anyone watch the premiere of the Michael J Fox show last night?

What did you think?

Not wanting to say anything blasphemous or anything on this sort of forum, being MJF is somewhat beloved, but to sum up my opinion, I switched the football game back on after about 6 minutes, maybe 7 tops.
    I'm watching it right now. I mean, it's a regular network sitcom - it ain't HBO. But, I hope it's successful because, like many people, I have a soft spot for MJF.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Installed new Stereo System

I was wanting to install a double din but didn't want to go through the trouble of reconfiguring the ac system so I found a 5" screen that hangs down a bit. Works well, and doesn't cover my ac vents.

http://gvmpl.us/zitv

http://gvmpl.us/pvba

In case anyone is curious I bought it at mp3playstore.com for about $200.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I did the 4th oil change on my D today.

I had my Adult beverage of choice sitting in the engine bay. (In my Favourite Coozy)...

I've always used a paint marker on my oil filters to record the mileage and date of my oil changes.

(Well, I don't have access to those Neat little stickers that Normal places put on the inside of your windshield)...

George

Yes this is Boring but, I Procrastinated all my other car plans. (I didn't have any band-aids)...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by refugeefromcalif; 09-28-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not a huge milestone, but a nice round number. I'm losing to Clint pretty badly now though...

Attached Images
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6313

Tried setting the RH torsion tonight. Started at 3 splines and progressed to 4, then 5, then 4 with a little extra twist in the bracket. Five splines got me a bounce. In the end four splines plus a twist got close but didn't get to 100% of its rise, rather it got to perhaps 5 inches of the max height. The door has new Hervey's soft lift struts. I can push the door to it's full lift and it will stay in place. So a bit of a dilemma, risk bounce and more roof separation or not have the door open fully?

What is really nice is that I can now close the door with two fingers, whereas before it took two hands and some elbow grease.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post

What is really nice is that I can now close the door with two fingers, whereas before it took two hands and some elbow grease.
    Oh, this is an interesting remark. I adjusted my torsion bars a few years ago with brand new struts. They travel all the way to the top and don't bounce at all, but are difficult to shut. It got easier and easier to close them until I realized the struts were shot. So I just installed new ones a couple weeks ago, and now the doors are hard to close again. I wonder if it's a function of the torsion bars more than the struts, but the opening action is juuust right.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Installed New wheels and light cover

My VIN:    0934

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Tried setting the RH torsion tonight. Started at 3 splines and progressed to 4, then 5, then 4 with a little extra twist in the bracket. Five splines got me a bounce. In the end four splines plus a twist got close but didn't get to 100% of its rise, rather it got to perhaps 5 inches of the max height. The door has new Hervey's soft lift struts. I can push the door to it's full lift and it will stay in place. So a bit of a dilemma, risk bounce and more roof separation or not have the door open fully?

Nice work. Sounds like another successful door de-torquing exercise. A properly-adjusted door goes down easy, just like you say, yet lifts fully.

Since different struts can have different lift capacities you might try a different pair of new struts and see if you get a bit more lift at this torsion setting yet not bounce.

One other idea is to work some lithium grease (via spray nozzle) into the door hinges. This might reduce the hinge friction to the point where the door lifts a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by nwotank View Post
    Installed New wheels and light cover

very nice! is this light cover custom made?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    16882.

Showing it at Cars & Coffee, Charlotte. It's amazing how familiar people act around the car. Most cars here are admired at a distance with respect, but for some reason people feel like getting all over a DeLorean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 291 of 920 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 ... LastLast