FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 296 of 921 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 396 796 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Not today, but on Saturday a bunch of NCDMC guys were invited to display our cars at the Sacramento Korean Festival. It was a great time - we rarely get to do shows where we feel comfortable abandoning the cars and enjoying the rest of the event, but this one was really different. Thanks to Ryan and his family for organizing it and inviting us!

Sorry for the mediocre quality on that last one. It's a scan of a real photo printed at the event and might just be my favorite picture from a car show ever.
    OK, I'll ask - what's the connection between the DeLorean and Korea?

I'm the same way with my car and it's great when you can find a show like that! I've only been to 1 show this year where I've left without a single fingerprint on the car. It was a show put on by several area Boy Scout troupes. Very respectful crowd (not to mention that 1798 won best of show - first trophy ever)!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    OK, I'll ask - what's the connection between the DeLorean and Korea?

I'm the same way with my car and it's great when you can find a show like that! I've only been to 1 show this year where I've left without a single fingerprint on the car. It was a show put on by several area Boy Scout troupes. Very respectful crowd (not to mention that 1798 won best of show - first trophy ever)!
    Very valid question. Not sure there was one, other than it was something cool to have at a nice outdoor festival. One of our local owners (not in the picture, but his car is the one with the wide side stripe) is Korean and his wife was working on the event, hence the invitation.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Banned

Very valid question. Not sure there was one, other than it was something cool to have at a nice outdoor festival. One of our local owners (not in the picture, but his car is the one with the wide side stripe) is Korean and his wife was working on the event, hence the invitation.
    Cool!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I've noticed here in Atlanta that Koreans are very knowledgeable about the car/BTTF whereas other Asians such as Chinese and Indians have no idea about it. Must be a strong movie culture n Korea.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    1768

I was wondering that too Jon, but I figured it had to do with Ryan's connection and wanting to be cool. Sorry I couldnt make it I was SO tired after working through friday night to 4 am at work, what makes it worse is that it all ended up to be for nothing....

I got a few ideas for a swap....

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    I was wondering that too Jon, but I figured it had to do with Ryan's connection and wanting to be cool. Sorry I couldnt make it I was SO tired after working through friday night to 4 am at work, what makes it worse is that it all ended up to be for nothing....

I got a few ideas for a swap....

We missed you too! Check your email, I need the rest of the story from Friday...

Think the motor will fit?
    Jon

My VIN:    05457

Not today, but on Saturday a bunch of NCDMC guys were invited to display our cars at the Sacramento Korean Festival. It was a great time - we rarely get to do shows where we feel comfortable abandoning the cars and enjoying the rest of the event, but this one was really different. Thanks to Ryan and his family for organizing it and inviting us!

Some photos...

Sorry for the mediocre quality on that last one. It's a scan of a real photo printed at the event and might just be my favorite picture from a car show ever.
    Love it! Thanks for posting! That's me on the far right looking way too excited to be in a mock wedding. Had a great time this past weekend, always fun to hang out with you guys! Thanks Ryan (RacerX) for organizing!
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Love it! Thanks for posting! That's me on the far right looking way too excited to be in a mock wedding. Had a great time this past weekend, always fun to hang out with you guys! Thanks Ryan (RacerX) for organizing!
    Lots of fun for sure. We should find a good Korean restaurant we can all get to easily and experiment a little more with the food.

"We're The Davids and we approve this message"
    Jon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I've noticed here in Atlanta that Koreans are very knowledgeable about the car/BTTF whereas other Asians such as Chinese and Indians have no idea about it. Must be a strong movie culture n Korea.
    South Koreans LOVE cinema and have a very vibrant domestic industry. I'm a huge fan/follower of the South Korean film industry. For dramas and romantic comedies, South Korean films in these genres are currently second to none and put Hollywood's efforts to shame. They were also starting to get into sci-fi and horror productions, but the global recession slowed down their push into these genres.

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    South Koreans LOVE cinema and have a very vibrant domestic industry. I'm a huge fan/follower of the South Korean film industry. For dramas and romantic comedies, South Korean films in these genres are currently second to none and put Hollywood's efforts to shame. They were also starting to get into sci-fi and horror productions, but the global recession slowed down their push into these genres.
    Speaking of South Korean films, the new Spike Lee movie "Oldboy" is a remake of a South Korean classic from 2003. Saw the original a couple years ago, solid film. Not usually a fan of Spike Lee, but I'll have to check out the remake.
    Last edited by DavidProehl; 10-21-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    David Proehl

Page 296 of 921 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 396 796 ... LastLast