FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 313 of 920 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 813 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Bought/installed a new battery.
    Removed the passenger door upper panel to test a replacement mirror I got a while back (the one on it dow does not move, the new one works in all directions)
    Sat in line for 45+ minutes to get it emissions tested, then another 1+ hour at the DMV to get it titled and registered.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    6313

I drained the coolant which looked very good (after searching everywhere for my 8mm square drive socket) with no buildup or crud in the pipes. PB Blasted the bolts on the Y-pipe in the VOD (not expecting a problem but taking every precaution). I pulled out the sway-bar (really surprised at how much the front suspension moves without the sway-bar in place!) and pulled out the fans/cowling. I stopped right before pulling out the radiator.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Changed one mirror to one of Tom's extended convex mirrors and got the window back on it's track Both on drivers side, applied plasters to back of hand! Can anyone remember where the layout for the mirror wiring is please as mine all seem to work back to front! (from the back of the switch) thanks
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Changed one mirror to one of Tom's extended convex mirrors and got the window back on it's track Both on drivers side, applied plasters to back of hand! Can anyone remember where the layout for the mirror wiring is please as mine all seem to work back to front! (from the back of the switch) thanks

Switch wiring is in PDF here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ll=1#post48244
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Thank You.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    6679

After spending almost the entire solid year working on my Custom Centre Console, yesterday I disassembled down to the valley and did the following:

• Tightened up my silicone coolant hoses (have been bedding in for a year now)
    • Installed new silicone vacuum hoses
    • Installed new stainless braided FV fuel lines
    Chris

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Installed new stainless braided FV fuel lines
    Which vendor's line did you install?

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    Which vendor's line did you install?
    SpecialT - the only source I knew of for these two particular lines when I bought them ages back.

It was later that I read a post somewhere that DMCMW have them - always frustrating to always hear via word of mouth what they sell, since they have no website or catalogue showing all the stuff they sell above and beyond the DMC website, I should have checked.

Quality seems good though.
    Chris

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    SpecialT - the only source I knew of for these two particular lines when I bought them ages back.

It was later that I read a post somewhere that DMCMW have them - always frustrating to always hear via word of mouth what they sell, since they have no website or catalogue showing all the stuff they sell above and beyond the DMC website, I should have checked.

Quality seems good though.
    I had no idea DMCMW sold them. DPI has one (at least part of a kit) although I never could find a picture on their website. I stumbled upon a picture last night on OverlandMan's blog. http://dmctx.blogspot.com/2013/12/fu...se-2-cont.html It looks like DPI uses a regular hose and clamps to deal with the return side of the FV. How does John's look? Do you have a picture to show how it installed? I am curious how the return side connects.

It is frustrating that there are possibly good parts to consider and the information isn't available or hard to find. I guess this is a good problem to have. It's nice to have so many vendors improving parts these days.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    I had no idea DMCMW sold them. DPI has one (at least part of a kit) although I never could find a picture on their website. I stumbled upon a picture last night on OverlandMan's blog. http://dmctx.blogspot.com/2013/12/fu...se-2-cont.html It looks like DPI uses a regular hose and clamps to deal with the return side of the FV. How does John's look? Do you have a picture to show how it installed? I am curious how the return side connects.

It is frustrating that there are possibly good parts to consider and the information isn't available or hard to find. I guess this is a good problem to have. It's nice to have so many vendors improving parts these days.
    We run a small section of aeroquip line between the valve and compression fitting on the return line. Basically the only way to do it.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 313 of 920 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 813 ... LastLast