FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 314 of 920 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 814 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    ... I pulled out the sway-bar (really surprised at how much the front suspension moves without the sway-bar in place!) .....
    Sounds like your reference is to the lack of fore-aft rigidity in the front suspension when the sway bar is out of the picture. And it's normal for a suspension like this one. Unlike in many setups the sway bar performs two functions in a D. The anti-roll function is the less important of those two functions with the primary one being that of a radius arm to the lower link. The upper control arm does the other half of that longitudinal location work.

This is one of the reasons that the condition of a D's crumple tube or subframe is important as well as the recall kit and proper fastening and locknuts/washers on the sway bar bushing mounts to the crumple tube.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    We run a small section of aeroquip line between the valve and compression fitting on the return line. Basically the only way to do it.
    I was surprised that side of the FV was included in the kit in the first place. It does not look as straightforward to reproduce as the other lines.

OverlandMan's install looks great. I like the red as well. He's not going to be worrying about fire anymore.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I will update our site shortly and include HD pictures of our line kits and all of the available colors. The kit does include all 13 lines.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    6313

- Installed DeloreanNW fans in the cowling (after cleaning the cowling)
    - Removed the radiator
    - Inspected the condenser (looks surprisingly good - but some corrosion on the connections)
    - Removed the Y-pipe and coolant return lines
    - PB Blasted the water pump bolts
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    6679

Installed stainless braided clutch bleeder line.

Uninstalled it an hour later!
    Chris

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Installed stainless braided clutch bleeder line.

Uninstalled it an hour later!
    Any chance it leaked at the connection to the slave?

UPDATE: No worries - I see the other thread where you've got the clutch bleed/response problem.
    Last edited by DrJeff; 01-04-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Other thread with more detail
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Any chance it leaked at the connection to the slave?
    Leaked here-ish...
    Chris

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Leaked here-ish...
    Weird, you're not the first person I've heard of having problems with this. None of the other local guys here seem to though, myself included. Seems like it should be a foolproof part, but hey.

As for myself, I took 2100 out for a drive yesterday. First time in a couple weeks actually, as we were busy with family/holiday stuff. But the weather here has been unstoppably awesome - how could I resist??
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Today I finally installed a third brake light. I've been procrastinating this easy job for far too long.
    I believe it from a corvette originally. I bought it a while back from I think another member here.

The power wire comes from the right brake light, with a 5 amp fuse in the line, up the rear quarter panel, and behind the plastic vent thing, then out and through the louvre into the light.
    The ground wire is grounded on a bolt at the bottom back end of the quarter panel.
    I put quick disconnects on the wires close to the light, but behind the plastic vent thing above the rear window. It is a very clean installation.

5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Weird, you're not the first person I've heard of having problems with this. None of the other local guys here seem to though, myself included. Seems like it should be a foolproof part, but hey.
    I'm about to install that very part! Should I worry?? I purchased it from England Delorean Eurotec....

Page 314 of 920 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 814 ... LastLast