FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 321 of 920 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    FM modulators *allllways* have some noise on them. I use one to run the Sirius in my Acura, which has a far better electrical system than the D and there's some line noise there as well. Also the volume required is much higher than the CD player to get the same amount of audio. Just my $0.02
    Yeah, I figured as much. Was hoping that wasn't the case. That is the price I pay for being married to my Craig.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Bob - I just installed this exact same hardware on my car last week (iSimple FM modulator and Metra antenna). Love both products, and they are both cheap! One question on the FM modulator - if you turn up your volume all the way with the modulator on and nothing playing, do you hear a small amount of noise or is it nearly silent? I get a enough noise to be a little annoying at high volume, though I can't really hear it when music is playing. I'm curious if that noise is the modulator, the radio (I assume you also are rocking a Craig), or other electrical interference I have.
    I adjusted the volume on the unit to about 95% and don't notice any noise when there is nothing attached when it's on. I tried this with both the car on and off (key turned). I haven't scoped it or anything but am still searching for the right sweet spot of volume on my cell phone going into the box before there is clipping. I think the limiting factor is the really crappy 33 year old Asi radio in my car but I just don't want to swap it out with a modern unit.

To combat noise, you can twist the power lines, put a small cap across the lines, or use a quality shielded cable between your iPod/cell phone and the iSimple box. If you're hearing alternator whine, a cap can definitely help with that but you'd probably be better off spending money on better spark plug wires.

-Bob

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    I adjusted the volume on the unit to about 95% and don't notice any noise when there is nothing attached when it's on. I tried this with both the car on and off (key turned). I haven't scoped it or anything but am still searching for the right sweet spot of volume on my cell phone going into the box before there is clipping. I think the limiting factor is the really crappy 33 year old Asi radio in my car but I just don't want to swap it out with a modern unit.

To combat noise, you can twist the power lines, put a small cap across the lines, or use a quality shielded cable between your iPod/cell phone and the iSimple box. If you're hearing alternator whine, a cap can definitely help with that but you'd probably be better off spending money on better spark plug wires.

-Bob
    I'm getting the noise with the car off, so it isn't alternator whine. Here is what it sounds like:

If you aren't hearing this, then it must be interference from a power source like you said.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I'm getting the noise with the car off, so it isn't alternator whine. Here is what it sounds like:

If you aren't hearing this, then it must be interference from a power source like you said.
    Mine definitely doesn't make that noise. I'm set to 87.9MHz and don't have any location stations near there. With the preamp on or off (there's a button for this on the Asi radio) I can hear some noise like static pops and very quiet hiss with the stereo cranked to 11, but nothing like what yours is doing.

-Bob

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Found my lost keys !!! Crisis averted
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Found my lost keys !!! Crisis averted
    Hurray! So where they in the fridge next to the beer?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Drained and cleaned my fuel tank for a second time. Was still very clean from the first time but a small chunk of the old boot had dislodged from somewhere (way at the back, I imagine - where I can't reach)

Unfortunately when I went to grab it, it turned to powder. So I ended up cleaning the whole thing over again. I wish I had arms that were a tiny bit skinnier and a tiny bit longer.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    891, 1045

Got a spare set of keys made at Ace for 1729.

Got the passenger door on 1045 to open after it failed to open since last summer. Promptly pulled the battery out and will drop it off for test/charge tomorrow.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Discovered that I need to buy new louvre struts.

Double checked distributor position.

Installed new ignition module.

Verified fuel.

Failed to start engine.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6679

Took the wife for her very first drive in the DeLorean
    Chris

Page 321 of 920 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast