FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 333 of 920 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 833 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1776

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    While my fan worked, it was making horrible noises that were so concerning to my wife that she didn't want to drive in the car. Oiling the fan only went so far, fixed the screeching, but still noisy. I bought the PM106 Jim suggested, and it is a perfect fit, Identical to stock.
    Mine sounded EXACTLY like that (well, when it wasn't howling hideously); I used a Four Seasons 35589.

My VIN:    3937

Today I didn't do anything with my car, but I did get to see someone else's car. While I was in town for an interview, Rich and I were able to meet up and check out his car. It was really great to see the car and know he's happy with it and with the advice many of us shared to help with his purchase. Best part though was meeting a previously forum-only friend and knowing these silly little cars can bring all kinds of different people together. Just one of the many nice things about our DeLorean's.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Today I replaced the Velcro rub strips in the doors that came unglued, allowing my toll booth windows to get scratched. To keep the door at the right height, I used this trick with the seatbelt as I was working inside.
    image.jpg
    5*9*

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Ultraviolet!

Quote Originally Posted by DMCflux View Post
    Today I replaced the Velcro rub strips in the doors that came unglued, allowing my toll booth windows to get scratched. To keep the door at the right height, I used this trick with the seat belt as I was working inside.
    image.jpg
    I will have to remember the seat belt trick! I need to replace my rub strips as well.

Today I added 3 strips of 5050 Ultraviolet LEDs to help illuminate the instrument cluster. I have white LEDs that illuminate the trip and main odometers, everything else is now UV. I will post a picture if everything reassembled and on when it gets dark again this evening.

Final testing of the UV's before installing the binnacle back in to the car:
    leds 2.jpg

LED strips installed but off (this is directly above the instrument cluster. the light will shine up, and be reflected back down through the slits to illuminate the gauges.:
    leds 1a.jpg

LED strips on:
    leds 1b.jpg

I used some 3M adhesive to glue a sheet of aluminum foil to the top of the light box to help reflect the light down on to the instrument cluster:
    leds 3.jpg

And plugged in to the illumination positive and main ground on the wiring harness. I installed connectors so that the wiring is not permanent and the binnacle can be removed if need be:
    leds 4.jpg leds 5.jpg
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    6679

Took the D on holiday again and, on arrival a few days ago, found my power antenna stuck up - ironic as I normally never listen to anything whilst driving the D and while away need to put the car cover over her.

Couldn't get it to go down so had to cut into the motor's direct wiring and, being away and thus only having tools not other stuff like spare wire, I had to use a residential extension cord from the place we are staying and some MacGyver paperclips to short 12V directly to the motor itself to force it down.

Thinking of going digital radio so might just remove the power antenna altogether when I get home... for now I've left it disconnected so it doesn't go up and get stuck again.
    Chris

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Replaced louver struts.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    3937

You warm weather guys can't have all the fun... today it was time to wake her from hibernation. And she fired right up on the first try!!!

IMG_1301.jpg

Looking at the photo though, my "extremely high tech leak monitoring device" kind of looks like a car diaper

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Thanks to Jim for this post a couple hundred pages back on this thread.

While my fan worked, it was making horrible noises that were so concerning to my wife that she didn't want to drive in the car. Oiling the fan only went so far, fixed the screeching, but still noisy. I bought the PM106 Jim suggested, and it is a perfect fit, Identical to stock.

Pictures and video below for comparisons

Attachment 25893Attachment 25894Attachment 25895

+1 on the blower motor crossover. I had the exact noise. Problem solved now.
    5*9*

My VIN:    4519

I started working on my sunshade louvre, it's cracked in multiple places.

The PO repaired a crack on the perimeter using a piece of flat stock, but he straightened the [curved] louvre and riveted the flat stock to it. Effectively, he built a stress point into the louvre and 2 more cracks developed as a result.

I started by transferring the curve from the good side of the louvre onto a 1/4" plywood strip that I'll clamp to the edge of the broken side to maintain the proper curve as I make the repair.

I also made a pattern for the flat-stock I'll use for the repair and test-fitted it on the good side of the louvre, so when I make the repair it'll match the good side. I made the pattern out of a piece of wood the same thickness as the flat stock I'll use.

I bought 7 cans of SEM trim black from Advance Auto & used a 50% code.

So far, it's going really well.....

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Looking at the photo though, my "extremely high tech leak monitoring device" kind of looks like a car diaper
    It Depends.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 333 of 920 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 833 ... LastLast