FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 352 of 920 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6125

Nice! I made one of those too when I did my brakes last year. Much cheaper to build one yourself than to buy one of the premade pressure bleeders online. Plus it's fun to build stuff

And it makes bleeding brakes super easy. I did it by myself in about an hour.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Nice! I made one of those too when I did my brakes last year. Much cheaper to build one yourself than to buy one of the premade pressure bleeders online. Plus it's fun to build stuff

And it makes bleeding brakes super easy. I did it by myself in about an hour.
    Thanks!

I love building stuff too

The toughest part was figuring out what cap to get for the clutch reservoir.

I already used it for the brakes, and it worked beautifully. Not sure if I want to mess with the clutch at all until after DCS - I'm still running Dunmurry hydraulic fluid in the clutch, and I'm afraid that if I flush it and replace with new, I'll end up with a leaky master and slave, and I just don't have the time to deal with that plus everything else that I want to get done on the car before DCS. The clutch currently works great, except when it gets hot out (requiring a double pump to avoid grinding) - I still have the nylon line and it swells when hot.

Besides, Dunmurry fluid and nylon line = more concours points

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

pressure brake bleeder

Made one also, I found a vitamin bottle cap fit the master cylinder.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'm still running Dunmurry hydraulic fluid in the clutch
    WOW!!! You need to put one of these stickers on it

Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    WOW!!! You need to put one of these stickers on it

Hell yeah!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Made one also, I found a vitamin bottle cap fit the master cylinder.
    That's sweet - never even occurred to me to try a vitamin bottle cap.

As far as an automotive cross-reference is concerned, the clutch reservoir cap is from an air-cooled VW brake master cylinder - 27mm.

I removed the passenger side seat today to get ready to install the new fuse box that's on order but I have a non related question on the seat. What are some of the options to deal with all the rust and bad seat adjustment bars?

IMAG1525.jpgIMAG1527.jpgIMAG1535.jpg
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    I removed the passenger side seat today to get ready to install the new fuse box that's on order but I have a non related question on the seat. What are some of the options to deal with all the rust and bad seat adjustment bars?

IMAG1525.jpgIMAG1527.jpgIMAG1535.jpg
    Not a lot you can do other than disassemble it (but I'd be very cautious, I've heard warnings that it can be difficult to get the tracks back together), blast or scrub the rust down and paint it. Remove the carpets and shampoo them.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Not a lot you can do other than disassemble it (but I'd be very cautious, I've heard warnings that it can be difficult to get the tracks back together), blast or scrub the rust down and paint it. Remove the carpets and shampoo them.
    Thanks for the info Jon , I was thinking the tracks were no longer available but they are and at a good price. It looks like the bars will need to be fabricated and I'll be set. Has any one made new & improved seat bars to get some ideas? Thanks
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    Thanks for the info Jon , I was thinking the tracks were no longer available but they are and at a good price. It looks like the bars will need to be fabricated and I'll be set. Has any one made new & improved seat bars to get some ideas? Thanks
    We have been told before (I think by Dave at DMCMW) that fabricating those bars is much easier said than done. I think the last time this came up he just advised cleaning and painting. Maybe even powder coat, that's what I would do personally.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 352 of 920 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 852 ... LastLast