FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 41 of 920 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    ...went to look at another car that's for sale...
    its lonely here in DeLorean Wasteland, NE.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    realized that the PO of my baby screwed it up more. Driving in fog this morning I noticed that my passenger head light was pointing straight, and my drivers one was cutting completely across the car crossing the passenger beam.
    I'm surprised the guys at DMC-CA didn't say anything about that when you had your car there for service.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    06960

Last night I installed the repaired transmission mount and took the car for one last 200 mile drive. Unfortunately fixing the mount alone did not realign the crossgate. Not wanting to spend any more precious time fixing it, I drove it as-is. This means lifting up on the shifter for first and second gears, and no available reverse. I'll finish fixing that during winter. Salt is expected to fly today, so assuming it does I'm done for the season.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    03572

Pulled my battery ground wire today for the new replacement. The ground wire terminals looked pretty good with the factory soldering still looking good. I was thinking of doing the extra ground to the transmission but I think it's better just adding another ground wire to the drivers side engine mount.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    16419

Worked on it all day, added neon tubes and led strips in the trunk compartment, removed the OLD rear speakers and added a small 6 in box with two speakers and tweets, cleaned up the under dash wireing and found more bolts missing that are needed to hold down the binicle, cut my hand while installing the stereo, wahsed and shined my girl up.

My VIN:    03572

Such a beautiful day today (70 deg). Went for a drive and found a change to put into my idle ECU software. My car was sitting outside in the sun and I just noticed the tape marks where they had the bumper protectors on when they shipped it. I see it on three corners so I guess my paint is original. Also my engine LED is back to full brightness today.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Got fed up with waiting for the body shop and decided to tool around the neighborhood for a few minutes. Realized that I REALLY MISS driving my car..
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Re-ran the USB cables from my head unit to my iPod nano. Velcroed the iPod to the underside of the ashtray. Fits perfectly, is easy to remove to change music, and is completely invisible. Love it! Also removed/reinstalled my climate panel to correct an issue with the back lights flickering. Seems better now.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bought a sheet of 1/32" gasket material at AutoZone. Cut it to fit between the adapter plate and the intake manifold. Put the carburetor back on and connected all wires and hoses. Realized I left the battery plugged in all this time the car's been sitting and it only had about 10v left in it. Oops.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Started and idled the engine for several cycles of the cooling fans. Verified that my new cooling fan circuit works flawlessly. Volt gauge reads 13.5 even with stock fans.

After the engine had been running for a while, I happened to lean against the left front fender and felt heat on my leg! None of the other fenders felt that warm (in fact they were cool to the touch), so I thought it was electrical, until I opened up the trunk and felt heat on non-metallic surfaces, then opened up the access panel above the brake fluid reservoir. I didn't see any loose wires, so I suppose the heat was simply rising straight up from the radiator, with the occasional help of the cooling fans blowing the heat straight back. The initial worry when I felt that left front fender, though, was severe. I think I got a new grey hair then.

My car also now has "daytime running lights" (parking lights on when key is on) and -- finally -- functioning courtesy lights again.

Engine still misses badly, but does not stall. I can live with that for now.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 41 of 920 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast