FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 420 of 920 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

I had a busy day.

Removed the seats, console, and center stack.
    Rebuilt the mode switch
    Installed a new stereo
    Removed the rear panels
    Installed new rear speakers

I used a heat gun to remove the vinyl, but some of it cracked anyway. The ends were covered in a black RTV type of black goo. My question is, how the heck do I reinstall these panels? Do I use some sort of adhesive then cover it back up with black goo?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    . My question is, how the heck do I reinstall these panels? Do I use some sort of adhesive then cover it back up with black goo?
    Ideally you don't use anything. You heat it again and the original glue will set back up, and the inner door seals will hold it in place. If it's cut, or someone "cleaned" all the glue off and replaced it, you'll have to improvise. Probably headliner glue. You want something that will come off again later with some heat, not something permanent such as weatherstrip adhesive.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Ideally you don't use anything. You heat it again and the original glue will set back up, and the inner door seals will hold it in place. If it's cut, or someone "cleaned" all the glue off and replaced it, you'll have to improvise. Probably headliner glue. You want something that will come off again later with some heat, not something permanent such as weatherstrip adhesive.
    Dadblast it. I cleaned off the fiberglass.........Also, my inner seals are all torn up. Do the new ones use the same clips or are they self adhering?

Dadblast it. I cleaned off the fiberglass.........Also, my inner seals are all torn up. Do the new ones use the same clips or are they self adhering?
    The new ones come with clips (optional use). They are not adhesive at all, they are held on by spring friction. I.E. you have to press them on with some effort.
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

The new ones come with clips (optional use). They are not adhesive at all, they are held on by spring friction. I.E. you have to press them on with some effort.
    OK, I will call ti place my order tomorrow.

OK, I will call ti place my order tomorrow.
    Shop is closed for Labor Day, I may or may not be there as I have a home project to get done (I've been putting it off for about a year!)
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    Is it just a hose cut to length?
    No, those two hoses are moulded to shape.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6257-wat...-upr-hose.aspx
    Chris

My VIN:    First 700

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    No, those two hoses are moulded to shape.
    Cool, thanks! On later cars did they switch to just having one hose, or is that just the aftermarket way?

Like in this picture:
    http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean...icone-blue.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    Cool, thanks! On later cars did they switch to just having one hose, or is that just the aftermarket way?
    It was changed on later cars. Both ways are molded hose.
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I like this pic....looks really cool.
    Thanks Rich. It was the last show of the season and a great turn out. This Packard was really neat. I don't know much about them, but not the sort of vehicle you see near as often as many of the others.

I used a heat gun to remove the vinyl, but some of it cracked anyway. The ends were covered in a black RTV type of black goo. My question is, how the heck do I reinstall these panels? Do I use some sort of adhesive then cover it back up with black goo?
    Was going to also ask you Rich, did you have any luck with that idea about using a black or grey strip of vinyl from a 3 ring binder to put in as a substitute for a previous owner cutting the vinyl strip on a rear interior panel as the guys here mentioned?

It sounded like a great idea and material that is readily available. And to maybe somehow do it so that it hides behind the back side of the panel and then under the weather striping if you sized it just right. Pretty much just a bit of extra material to give you something to work with to get it to seal back up the way it was intended.

There seems to be lots of us with at least one side or two that got opened up the wrong way and not sure how to repair it. Loved the idea when you mentioned it to me.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 420 of 920 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast