FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 45 of 920 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 545 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Found out that red/orange wire + green/white wire = parking lights on with key = "daytime running lights."

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Tracked down a low-RPM stumbling issue. Turned out to be low fuel pressure due to a leak at the return line link to the distributor. Also fixed a coolant leak, an oil leak, and snapped a spark plug in cylinder 1. Everything's back together and working better than ever now.
    Last edited by jawn101; 12-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Went for an early morning drive to a car cruise down by the beach. Watched 15 guys get tickets for stupidity as they were leaving . Put 50 miles on my car and found out the new output seal on my trans is NOT leaking Woo Hoo!!!!!
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    5875

Started the fusebox/relay area.

Removed the fusebox/relay bracket and started sandblasting it. Will have to finish sandblasting it tomorrow and paint it. Cleaned up all the wiring and surrounding area, getting ready for bracket to go back in.
    Andy Garand

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Tracked down a low-RPM stumbling issue. Turned out to be low fuel pressure due to a leak at the return line link to the distributor. Also fixed a coolant leak, an oil leak, and snapped a spark plug in cylinder 1. Everything's back together and working better than ever now.
    A leak at the return line would not affect your fuel pressure. You must have fixed your stumble with another fix.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Drove the car yesterday, have bad burning rubber smell coming from passenger front tire. Got home and noticed passenger front wheel well was smoking. Going to pull tire tonight to find out what the hell is wrong. Also, need alignment... BAD. Car was pulling right like a mofo for some reason.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Drove the car yesterday, have bad burning rubber smell coming from passenger front tire. Got home and noticed passenger front wheel well was smoking. Going to pull tire tonight to find out what the hell is wrong. Also, need alignment... BAD. Car was pulling right like a mofo for some reason.
    Stuck caliper maybe?

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by larsfroysa View Post
    Stuck caliper maybe?
    That's what im thinking as well since the car was sitting for 6 months. Im gonna jack her up tonight and see if i can get on locally tonight if it is locked.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    04915

Repainted rear Fascia

001.jpgTables 001.jpg004.jpg
    After 15 years 4915's rear fascia needing repainting. I removed it and had a local body shop do the deed. They wound up painting the black areas too since there were spots that couldn't be rubbed out. Used the 2011 Jeep formula which I thought was too dark when I picked it up but after installation it looks great. They charged $450.

I took my time but couldn't get the fascia to line up with the stainless ... do the fascias shrink over time? A couple of pics above show the problem.

Anyway, I took her for a 20 mile loop to give her some exercise ... she didn't like it. While stopped at a traffic light I noticed a small amount of steam coming from the engine ... crap! ... what now? Turns out the water pump is leaking and I looked in the book and it's been on there about 18 years so I won't bitch about it too much. Ordered the pump and stuff ... look out VOD here I come! I'll put in new plugs, injectors and whatever else I see 'while I'm in there'.

I also ordered the 'Handling by Lotus' badges. I plan to put them below the side vents. I had put Hervey's wide side stripes on a couple of weeks ago which I really like.

I have to go to the hospital tomorrow am to have a cataract removed. When I get through with that the parts will be here and I'll go to work.
    Last edited by Jacko; 12-12-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Jack, the fascias do indeed shrink over time.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 45 of 920 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 545 ... LastLast