FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 486 of 921 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Babb View Post
    Finished installing all main interior components to convert my car from black to a black and gray two-tone interior.
    ]
    I don't think I've ever seen gauge needles quite that red.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen gauge needles quite that red.
    Yeah, they are really more of an orange in real life, but sure why they came out red in that picture. This shows the color a bit better:
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Really good job

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    JohnZ, that is an awesome idea. I was trying to figure something else out that involved a PC fan and vent, but that seems way simpler and I like the look of it a lot better. Kudos to you.
    Thanks man! This is a fast way I think to feel with the hand above the grille if something is going wrong AKA superHOT!

Had my smallest assistants wash the company cars, and got my own D out for the first time.

spring2015 (7).jpg

spring2015 (9).jpg

spring2015 (4).jpg
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Had my smallest assistants wash the company cars, and got my own D out for the first time.
    spring2015 (7).jpg

So Nice Dave!
    Where did you get the letters that spell DeLorean for the back of your van? I'd love to do that also.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    spring2015 (7).jpg

So Nice Dave!
    Where did you get the letters that spell DeLorean for the back of your van? I'd love to do that also.

George
    DeLorean Part Number 108725

http://store.delorean.com/p-9592-hood-emblem.aspx
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5625

First drive!

I was finally able to take the car out on it's maiden voyage!!

The good: it was a beautiful sunny spring day, and I was able to drive 19 miles with zero issues. More than a few folks were caught rubbernecking, but nobody actually went out of their way to talk to me.

The bad: on the 20th mile, I started getting a slight buzzing noise with a slight sound of stressed circulating liquid that seemed to be coming from behind the glovebox up front. It almost sounded like a belt circulation over a bad pulley. I pulled over to investigate. My temp was barely past 150, so it wasn't overheating. I turned all fans, heater, and stereo off, but the sound remained. I popped the engine cover and to my surprise the noise was not coming from there. Next, I popped the hood and realized the noise appeared to be coming from behind the glovebox. I place my ear to the tub under the hood and behind where the glovebox would be and heard a slight buzzing and the weird bad circulation sound. Not knowing what it was, I decided to immediately take the car home. Unfortunately it started missing on acceleration in any gear like I was having a spark or fuel issue. I limped it home and parked it with the intention of troubleshooting the issue the next day. The next day I started it up and not only was the sound was gone, I drove it around the neighborhood and it wasn't missing at all. What the heck? I'm guessing this problem may only manifest it's ugly head when the car is hot. I wonder if I have a fuel pump on the way out, as that's the only thing that is up front that would fit both the sounds and the symptoms I was having. Anyone have any guesses or things I may be able to check to narrow it down?

All in all it was a great experience!! It was also cool to think that the car moved more on its own power in one day than it had in the last 10 years by the PO!!

image.jpg

Thanks!
    Last edited by Trstno1; 04-14-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I was finally able to take the car out on it's maiden voyage!!
    Congratulations. The bad thing about getting a DeLorean is that you can only drive it for the first time once.

As for "The Bad," my internet diagnosis is your fuel pump. A hundred times, the fuel pump. If you pull your spare tire, there's a panel at the back of the tire storage area and your fuel pump/sender are accessible right behind that panel. Everything is right where you heard it. A buzzing fuel pump is very common when it's overheating.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    As for "The Bad," my internet diagnosis is your fuel pump.
    +1 I had the same buzz on a dying fuel pump. Also check your fuel pick up hose. What happens if they aren't re-enforced with a spring running through them is that they will collapse thus starving the fuel pump, making it work harder to get fuel. That can lead to the buzz as well.
    David Proehl

Page 486 of 921 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 ... LastLast