FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 49 of 920 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Replaced the hazard flasher relay with an upgraded LED-compatible model, cleaned the tail light circuit assemblies (there were some contact problems), and repaired the engine compartment light switch.

Also poked around for far too long trying to figure out why the damn power antenna doesn't work.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 12-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Also poked around for far too long trying to figure out why the damn power antenna doesn't work.
    I had a day like that once. Then I remembered that I had unplugged some wires that looked like they had "previous owner" written on them. Sure enough all I had to do was re-connect the fused red wire to the door lock breaker. Now I can laugh because I know better, but back then I just felt stupid.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1968

Woohoo!!! I finally got it running after a couple of months of the top of the engine being apart! Put the fascia back in and the lights and just had time to drive around the block. The full tune-up and cleaned injectors made a big difference!

I still have some electrical problems, a hot start problem, and I'm working on my dash, but that's what will keep me busy

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Nice progress!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    01955

Cant work out how to adjust the rear engine cover cable as you pull it, i need an extra hand to open it everytime. So i have added rubber stopper/spacer onto the rear fascia where the stoppers touch. And it works! enough push so it unlocks and pops when the cable is pulled. Sweet!

My VIN:    5311

FIXED THE FREAKING POWER ANTENNA!

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I had a day like that once. Then I remembered that I had unplugged some wires that looked like they had "previous owner" written on them. Sure enough all I had to do was re-connect the fused red wire to the door lock breaker. Now I can laugh because I know better, but back then I just felt stupid.

Farrar
    I wasn't quite that lucky with my situation, but it actually wasn't much different. Tested the lines running from the antenna relay behind the driver seat and found only one of them was supplying 12v. The other (the line that splices into the white line which runs to the back of the radio) was completely dead. Hiked up the center console a bit and followed the white wire to find that it ended up sitting bare, not hooked up to anything at all. Fantastic.

So I jumpered it to the 12v lead and immediately the antenna raised! (First time I'd ever seen it functioning.) Ran the wire properly through the center console, wired it to the 12v lead on the harness and capped it with a wire nut, put everything back together, and it's working perfectly.

For the first time since I've owned this car, I can actually pick up radio stations OTA.

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

today, i thought about cleaning up the garage.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

(Yesterday) I removed the entire stock exhaust.
    DPI's is ready to go on, I probably won't get to it until after the weekend though.

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Tried fixing a coolant hose with a cut in it:

Sharp-eyed folks will notice that this is the hose with the hot water valve and T connection that goes around the back of the engine. It's in such a difficult position so I can barely reach it to work on it. But I plan to continue the cut all the way around the hose and bring it forward, I think the host has enough slack.

Also, removed my angle drive and confirmed it's a little wonky, going to get a replacement.

My VIN:    3299

Drove it (:
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 49 of 920 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast