FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 499 of 920 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    "Dad, how are we supposed to put the fans back on with it already up in there?"
    It happens to us all. Not unlike the time I removed, dyed, and re-installed all of my interior except for the binnacle only to realize that I didn't seat the dash properly. I rarely scream out of frustration, but I did then. That was 4 hours wasted.
    David Proehl

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Got the new radiator mated up with the A/C condenser and got them remounted up in the front of the car. My 15 year old son and I finished cranking down the last bolt and my son says... "Dad, how are we supposed to put the fans back on with it already up in there?"
    Take off the sway bar and the lower mounts. Support it in the middle.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Painted the bay as it was very faded.

Man I hope I can put this mess beck together when I'm all done.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    Painted the bay as it was very faded.
    I so wanna do that!

SEM Black?
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    3294

Looks like we're at about the same stage....
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Got more pictures for now. 1121 is still in Midwest's capable hands. Time until the open house goes SLOWLY.

today i put the water pump back in and installed the wings-b-cool bleeder kit and radiator bleeder kit:

2015-05-21 17.51.10.jpg

I then moved on to installing the DPNW radiator fans.

what a pain in the ass. took forever to get the shroud out. i dont think my radiator sits right as little notches were cut out of the shroud it appears so that it fits in front of the frame extension. you can see the cutouts here:
    2015-05-21 16.20.26.jpg

after i got the fans installed and the shroud remounted, i noticed that the right fan seems to stick a bit and make a rubbing sound about once every rotation. it doesnt appear to be a fin rubbing against the shroud. didnt notice it when i installed the fans. hope one isnt bad cause i really dont want to do this whole job again.

lastly now i have an issue re-installing the sway bar. its like it's geometry changed after taking it off to install the fans. after i get it seated in the LCAs, when i jack it up to mount its brackets to the frames, it looks like its about 1/2" too far forward, and now rubs into the rear housing of the radiator shroud, compresing the shroud and causing the fans to be unable to freely spin.

Being that off, i cant get the rear bolts that go into the frame to thread on since they're not lined up. any ideas/tips? I was hoping to have the car off the ramps tonight but looks like that's not going to happen now.
    Last edited by novadmc; 05-21-2015 at 11:37 PM.

ok forget the swaybar issue. i got mad and in one last attempt. lowered the car off the ramps. once it was on the ground, swaybar geometry was magically fixed. ugh.

now here's hoping all that jostling of the radiator didn't create any leaks. guess we'll find out once i pressure test it sometime in the next week.
    Last edited by novadmc; 05-22-2015 at 12:03 AM.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Got more pictures for now. 1121 is still in Midwest's capable hands. Time until the open house goes SLOWLY.

Alan, are you going to consider lowering the front end?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Yes, the Eibach lowering kit will be installed shortly. She reminds me a bit of a 4x4 in these pictures.

Page 499 of 920 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast