FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 50 of 920 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Walked by it... made plans for doing brakes Sunday.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Reinforced the taillight socket connections by soldering each joint to the board, and upgraded the exterior bulbs (except for headlights) to LEDs. Also upgraded the AC panel bulbs to LEDs, as well as the cigarette lighter bulb.

Last edited by ccurzio; 12-28-2011 at 02:46 PM.

My VIN:    6125

I took my four brake rotors into a local shop and had them resurfaced. Total came to $84.00 and they look brand new! Now to get the rest of the suspension parts torn down and cleaned so I can send them to Dave for re-plating

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Removed the factory muffler brackets, installed the DPI muffler and left header.
    I'll finish it next weekend.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

cleaned and repainted the upper driver door jamb nearly a year after I did the passenger side

My VIN:    3589

ordered fuel pump and a few other things today for 3589...getting there!

My VIN:    04915

4915 ... Happy Again!

The first time I took 4915 out after installing the repainted rear fascia I noticed steam rising from the engine. Turned out to be a leaking water pump.
    I set to work, cleared off the top of the engine and replaced the fuel injectors, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor and wires. I did all the VOD work and replaced the water pump which I have to say is a helluva job. Broke a couple of bolts that had to be dealt with. Anyway, I worked on her a few hours each day for two weeks or so until I put her back together ... moment of truth ... I turned the key. Starter cranks the engine ... no joy ... I quickly thought of the places a wire could be unconnected or whatever I could have missed. The cover over the coil was still off and I noticed the coil wire boot seemed a little high. Reached over and pushed it down and tried it again. 4915's heart burst to life. I buttoned her up and went on a 100 mile shakedown and everything was perfect ... I just love it when that happens.
    Jack Skeens

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

I just picked mine up Tuesday night (ok, so technically it wasn't today.) I had a new angle drive put on at a local garage, replaced a leaky water pump hose on the driver's side, and found I was missing one of my rubber gaskets inside my fuel distributor. -Hot Start #2 kit from John Hervey fixed that.

Been lurking on the forums now and then. Life has been busy, but good. I still have the DeLorean, it still runs fairly well, and I'm going to be a dad in June! I shall return with hopefully more interesting DeLorean announcements regarding #10715.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Drove it to work after 11 days sitting while I was away for the holidays. It's a world of difference from when I first bought the thing and the seller couldn't even get it to turn over for me to get it home. Now she sat with the battery connected and fired up immediately after sitting. Always brings a huge smile to my face

Still feels a little odd/hesitant when I first start driving though... not sure why. Have to go replace all the plugs again. And she needs a bath!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Installed new front calipers, bled out system.

Fixed dead low beam headlight issue.

Discovered a 'groan' coming from engine at about 3500 to 4k rpms. Sounds to be the AC compressor bearings. Will diagnose this weekend.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Page 50 of 920 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast