FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 502 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dustybarn View Post
    Today I replaced the 96/92 otterstat with a 92/87 Volvo unit. On Thursday evening I replaced the AC compressor with a shiny new Sanden 4708. The clutch coil on my old compressor was shorted and it was easier just to replace the whole thing with one that's actually intended for R-134. Nice cold AC now, and the compressor is noticeably quieter than the old one.
    This is nice to hear. I have a 4708 on my shelf waiting for me to install. The clutch is worn out (slipping) on the OE unit. Plus I've always been annoyed at the noise the 508 made.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Started 2109 up, pulled out of the garage and took this picture before going out for a sunset drive.

...was planning to finally drop the front from stock height later this year, I know it will look better, but am still not convinced if I really want to.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    ...was planning to finally drop the front from stock height later this year, I know it will look better, but am still not convinced if I really want to.
    I'm with you on that. It does look better lowered, but everyone I've personally talked to with a lowered car has at least one story of scraping their frame on a speed bump that is too high, a driveway that is too steep, or road debris that would be fine under a stock car. I get a lot of crap about having "the off road package" on my car, but for now I'd prefer that over worrying about scraping the epoxy off my frame.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    02613

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I'd prefer that over worrying about scraping the epoxy off my frame.
    You'd scrape the radiator & sway bar brackets first.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3294

Finally got the engine all buttoned up. Idle Speed Motor reinstalled, pipe of Agony (pain in the butt BTW) installed, W-pipe put back on, throttle and linkage all hooked back up, and wiring to various pieces all put back into place.

Speaking of wiring... the two wire connector going to the vacuum solenoid (101116) mounted on the rear of the air mixture assembly doesn't seem to have a right or wrong orientation? The connection seems to slip on either way. Is there a right or wrong way?

Still have the fuel filter, accumulator and fuel pump left to go. Hoping to get most of those done on Tuesday night and fire the engine for the first time on Wednesday night.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    3452

Went on the Highway, was bored and under afliction of loss of my birth mom. 100 mph reached....Speed limit was aroun 60...
    A guy was following me hard at same speed.

Cops pulled both cars over. Instant Karma !

They kept the other guy and let me go, without any troubles just sayin we don't often see DeLoreans.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Speaking of wiring... the two wire connector going to the vacuum solenoid (101116) mounted on the rear of the air mixture assembly doesn't seem to have a right or wrong orientation? The connection seems to slip on either way. Is there a right or wrong way?
    It does not matter. That solenoid will work with power and ground wires either way.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    02613

Not today, but over the weekend I managed to mock up the beginnings of a dual-muffler system. It's very ugly and nobody likes it so I am not posting any photos. But I still call it progress.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1325

Adjusted the idle speed/idle microswitch screws which resolved my high idle issue.

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Finished my suspension rebuild, got the car through it's MOT. Celebrated with a 200 mile drive to the West-coast of Scotland.

Page 502 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast