FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 503 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 553 603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3270

Hey, this is the exhaust I built to use with John Herveys headers!
    Attached Images
    Casey Barlow
    Delorean VIN#3270
    5 spd,gray interior
    Performance custom built PRV v6, performance camshafts, Arias Pistons, Special T Auto headers,Stainless fuel lines, ST Auto cooling fans, Eibach springs,DMCNW poly sway bar bushings, PJ Grady taillight boards, Stainless brake hoses sold sold

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Awesome work jwrayth, your car look beautiful now

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Awesome work jwrayth, your car look beautiful now
    Thanks! It took much longer than I intended, but glad to have her back on the road

All in, the work was;

• New Shocks
    • New lower ball-joints
    • New front-wheel bearings
    • New tie-rod ends
    • New poly-bushes all round (other than Trailing Arm bushes)
    • Made and fitted new battery cables to replace the stock ones (my battery finally fits in the compartment again!)
    • Ed's LCA braces fitted
    • Rebuilt clutch master cylinder
    • Fitted new clutch slave cylinder
    • Fitted DPNW Radiator bleeder
    • Brake and Clutch systems flushed
    • Coolant Flushed
    • Lots of cleaning, paint stripping, painting and detailing

My VIN:    3937

Got around to replacing the outer wipe seal on the passenger door's toll booth window. Unlike the driver's door, the PO decided to rivet the bracket back in place instead of using the right screws. Nice one.

So I got to drill the rivets out and they actually came out reasonably easy. I'm thinking that's because they were a soft metal like aluminum and not SS like other rivets on the car. So the outer wipe seal goes in pretty well because you need the piece of drop glass out of the way to get to that middle tab. Yea, not so good. The window wasn't in the mood to go back in nice and friendly like and I wasn't in the mood to keep farting around with it.

In the meantime, I've got a bunch of other random things done on the car to keep me doing anything but that stupid window.

- replaced the driver's door finisher decal. Really easy and hadn't even noticed I was missing it until not long ago.
    - installed a replacement rear interior dome light fixture. It went in nice, but the adventure of figuring out why only the ON mode worked and not the AUTO mode with the doors was a bit more complicated. Got that licked today though so we're good to go there.
    - drilled out the rusty screws on the RH side license plate light to replace the bulb in there. That went okay too and I think the rusty retaining bracket those rusty screws had screwed into is even more secure now than it was before. Waaaay easier on this RH side to do when you pull off the taillight for access. Oh, and those rusty taillight screws got drilled out ages ago so finally something simple for that aspect.
    - finally realized how the striker pin grommets are supposed to go on. Thinking they need some RTV or the like to keep them in place though, assuming I don't plan on fussing with my door alignment again anytime soon.
    - replaced the hose from the oil filler to the air inlet housing. Funny how you no longer need the hose clamp when the hose isn't split at the end anymore.

Might have to actually get that window back in soon... cruise night is tomorrow and I'm thinking I might go test my new found perspective (or comebacks depending on your point of view).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by berickson926 View Post
    Adjusted the idle speed/idle microswitch screws which resolved my high idle issue.
    exactly the same here (well i had to adjust the throttle rod assembly since i had monkyed with that on accident during reassembly).

idle's back down where it should be for me.

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Autocross with the De Lorean this past weekend... Much fun!
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I'm with you on that. It does look better lowered, but everyone I've personally talked to with a lowered car has at least one story of scraping their frame on a speed bump that is too high, a driveway that is too steep, or road debris that would be fine under a stock car. I get a lot of crap about having "the off road package" on my car, but for now I'd prefer that over worrying about scraping the epoxy off my frame.
    Come on Dave. Come to the dark side. You have join the low riders club. How low can you get. Lower than Clint's car?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I finished refurbishing the cooling fans and installed them on a fresh DMCH radiator. Hopefully I can install the assembly this weekend and make some progress again with the hose kit.

Attached Images
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

bled the brakes with Castrol GT LMA. The right front bleeder valve was clogged so I had to remove it and get all the crap out of it so i could properly bleed that caliper. didn't get a chance to drive the car (hopefully this weekend) but the brake pedal felt much firmer than it did when starting the job tonight. only fluid still left to swap in this thing is the transmission at some point this year.

My VIN:    3937

Got my door put back together after finally getting the drop glass to go back in... and then went to the local A&W Cruisin' the Dub. 170 cars and a real nice night for it.

IMG_3916.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 503 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 553 603 ... LastLast