FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 511 of 920 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Thanks Dennis.

Any particular type of lubricating spray you recommend?

(boy, that line could get misread if you didn't know you were on a car forum...)
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Ideally a spray on lithium. Wipe off excess grease. You only need it between the coils. For a temporary trial run just use some wd40 or similar. It will evaporate fairly quickly but at least you will know if it helps or not.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 07-01-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Ideally a spray on lithium. Wipe off excess grease. You only need it between the coils. For a temporary trial run just use some wd40 or similar. It will evaporate fairly quickly but at least you will know if it helps or not.
    Also make sure the end of the top return spring isn't dragging on the slot on the pin that it rests on. If you don't have the recall kit snaprings on that post, the slot will often grab the end of the spring and cause it to bind rather than slide.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Seems highly improbable to pinch the steel coiled jacket. It might be coincidental that perhaps the inner cable is fraying internally. There is a lot of system friction in the throttle cable return springs. Concider spraying some lubrication on all the throttle return springs.

Dennis
    I had this problem many years ago. That large spring on the spool where the throttle cable links to was causing binding because the spring was dry. I pulled the spring and lubed it with some grease and it has been working fine since. I did also work some grease into the other spring on the throttle plate assembly. I don't run with the recall plate over the throttle spool so the grease seems to hold up with occasional rain water on it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the lube a try. The springs on my car could definitely be considered dry and what grease I had used previously might be needing a redo.

I'll double check those clip on washers you mentioned Dave. I remember talking about them with you one day as I hadn't realized what the heck they were for as part of the deice kit recall originally. I believe they are still in place, but I'll make sure.

I hadn't realized that inside that cable sheath it was metal supported Dennis. That does sound unlikely that I would have pinched down through it temporarily somehow.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3305

Jump started a dead Citroen Xsara Picasso... that's the second jump start I GIVE with the Delorean... what a benevolent car!

My VIN:    3937

Here's a pic from the cruise night last night.

photo 2.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    still on the original brake lines? maybe just a collapsed line? if you open the bleeder valve, can you then spin the wheel freely (or at all)? if you can with the valve open, then the line may have just collapsed internally. if the wheel still wont budge, then seized caliper is the next likely culprit.

Check the black rubber brake HOSE (for that wheel) for proper fluid flow/restrictions...

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

DeLorean engine refresh 3/4 finished

Today I installed my refurbished exhaust and brackets and finished filling my coolant. My engine refresh is progressing. Completed is the water pump, coolant hoses, spark plugs, wires and distributor cap, clutch slave cylinder and stainless steel line, overflow tank, heat stove and air intake, radiator and fans, alternator, exhaust, and various fasteners, labels etc.

I only have the intake plenum, fuel system, and emissions to install next. Then I can restart it.

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    3294

Got it up on 4 jack stands today to start removing the brake calipers. I've decided to replace all of the calipers, pads, master cylinder, etc. I've seen where some of the vendors want the cores back on the calipers, and they must be the original Girlings. I know on the font I have the Girlings because the logo is clearly visible. What about the rear? Do these look like the originals? I couldn't see a logo on them...
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 511 of 920 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast