FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 52 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Put the interior back together and the fixed craig radio. Then took it for a nice spin!
    1967 Nova
    1968 Camaro drop top
    1981 Delorean
    2009 Pontiac g8 Gxp

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Did the best possible thing. I DROVE IT In January!!! I've never done that in my 18 years of ownership. Put 50 miles it. A year ago there was 20 inches of snow on the ground. Our 1 significant 5 inch snowfall was in early November. Not much more than flurries since.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Took her on a 50 mile cruise along Sacramento River, really makes me notice the annoying noises the car can make, Im about to fix one tonight.

My VIN:    17156

Club(s):   (DOI)

winter storage ????

unbelievably i took it out for a drive around the nieghborhood!Jan 7th plus six degrees in toronto
    what winter

My VIN:    4534

What was wrong with your radio 81Delorean? Also, are there pictures of that 67 Nova anywhere? I'm restoring a 66 four door Nova.

I finally washed Red and then took her out for a spin. Then we stopped at the park for pictures as the fog rolled in. I needed some pictures without that front plate.

Those eyebrows are driving me crazy now that I have her mechanical troubles repaired. Time for the cosmetic fixes.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by chris cooling View Post
    unbelievably i took it out for a drive around the nieghborhood!jan 7th plus six degrees in toronto
    what winter
    nice!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Gained about 75 horsepower (give or take... ) by removing the throttle return spring. Seriously, why didn't anyone suggest this sooner? Response is so much better now.

Helped Clint fabricate his latest mad science project. I'll leave it to him to explain it though...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6239 - November 81

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Gained about 75 horsepower (give or take... ) by removing the throttle return spring. Seriously, why didn't anyone suggest this sooner? Response is so much better now.
    Wait, what? I thought that would cause a high idle...

(and to stay on-topic) Coolant flushed and changed, DMCNW coolant bleeder kit installed

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by rundmc View Post
    Wait, what? I thought that would cause a high idle...
    Doesn't seem to have.. idle was a perfect 750 before and after removing the spring.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I've been running without the large throttle spool spring for years. Although I'm used to it now, the initial reaction was the same. WOW where did all the extra power come from. In reality you don't have anymore power than before, but the amount of force it requires to press on the accelerator pedal can make you feel like your dragging a boat anchor. By removing that feedback force, you can maximize the rate of acceleration with little foot pressure effort. As for running like this causing high idle issues. Yes it can, if the rest of the throttle linkage system isn't tuned and lubricated. The OEM idle microswitch requires a fair amount of force to trip. On my car, I replaced the Idle Microswitch with the one that JH sells. It requires less force to trip it, plus I modified that switch by removing the external lever return spring to lighten it up even more. The internal switch mechanism has it's own return spring that works just fine. Another factor can be (spool to throttle) link rod wear (slop). you might need to adjust it out and clean and lubricate the return spring on the "inside" of the throttle spool. The throttle system has 4 return springs. 1) Gas pedal , 2) spool inner [small], 3) spool outer [large], 4) throttle assembly spring [Shaft].

Back to the thread topic.

Went for another 35 mile JANUARY drive
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 52 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast