FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 536 of 920 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Very interesting, I've never heard of that stuff before. I'll have to look for it at my local True Value store and see what pops up.

Thanks
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Very interesting, I've never heard of that stuff before. I'll have to look for it at my local True Value store and see what pops up.

Thanks
    It's commonly used in wood refinishing as a bleach, so it's in the paint section.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Well, the weekend flew by! Today I put the hood hinges back on, and cleaned the headlight connectors with a toothbrush and paint thinner which dissolved all the old grease, etc. When I install the new fixtures, I'll use new di-electric grease. I also replaced the front indicator sockets and used new Sylvania long life bulbs. I think they have a SS base as they are not magnetic.

image.jpg

I installed my radiator shroud.
    image.jpg

Here is the back side of the shroud. I have the early version with the upper rivnut put in the wrong place. The factory used body shims to secure it. I re-painted the shim.

image.jpg

There were body shims on the top of the front support panel to shim the fascia. They were really rusty, so I opted to replace them with stainless steel versions which I cut out of a piece of flat stock.

image.jpg

Next up is installing the headlights this week.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Looking great, Dana!

I'm going to reference your work here when I get to my Front Fascia...
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Thanks Brandon!

I have to give credit to Mark on the shape of the Brow Bar. I followed his drawing that he made on this post and it worked like a charm.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Over the last 2 days, I was able to install my headlight assemblies:

Re-plated (clear zinc) frames and hardware, except for new stainless steel M6 washers and hex nuts...

image.jpg image.jpg

Headlamps:

image.jpg image.jpg

Top View:

image.jpg image.jpg

The Sylvania Silverstars are certainly bright.
    Dana

My VIN:    5180

Dana, how long have been working on your restoration?

Is the interior work completed already?

Do you have a plater near you?

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10201

Lol those headlights make me really self conscious about what I worked on.

I rewired 2 H4 sockets into my headlights and now the wiring is correct for H4 bulbs. Also changed out the spring to the correct type on the leftmost one so now I can aim them. Also rewired a new side marker light socket in.

My VIN:    03572

Got the new DMCH AC panel decal. Looking at it, I'm happy they went with the larger font on the FAN FAIL and LOCK DOOR indicators.

So I pulled my old sticker off (the last NOS one they sold). The old sticker pulls off the clear front of the decal easy but all the black with the adhesive stuck tight to the plastic face plate. After scraping off that adhesive with a hard wood "tongue depressor", I wet sand it with 220 grit. I painted the switch holes with black paint since the old black paint was a little thin there.

Waiting for paint to dry, will wet sand any drips off the front and install the new decal soon.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    03572

Well this new AC panel decal is a bust. The colored rings are completely covered with the silver adhesive on the back so no light shows through. Wish I did not stick it onto the panel.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 536 of 920 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast