FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 552 of 920 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Well I got my passenger window motor installed today. I tried both versions in this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?82...tions-from-A1)

First without separating the motor from the bracket. I believe people when they say it can be done, but I couldn't make it work without forcing it. I had to separate the motor. I put the motor in first, and then I had to insert the track/bracket(without the z tabs) in the door from the top middle hole. That was the only way for me to get it in the door without force.

Other than that, it assembled in the door without major problems. I tested it just now and it works beautifully!

I opted to use garage door lubricant (almost clear in color) on the guides.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Nope.
    Hmm, interesting! I'll see if the driver's side is the same. I think the passenger side interior panels were removed before, as there were a couple missing screws. Whoever did it taped it off beforehand. Now that I think about it, I can't be sure if it was paint, or just urethane.

By the way Patrick, I love the look of your car. Very tasteful upgrades/ modifications.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 01-18-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

My VIN:    6472

• Installed new angle drive dust cap to get a working speedo again.

• Started replacement of the steering column bushing (to be continued). I think it's fantastic that DMC sends the instructions with it (which I followed to a T), but for whatever reason my new bushing doesn't wanna go thru the fiberglass hole evenly. I went thru 2 bushings already. Even tried their bolt-washer-bushing-washer-nut-socket suggestion to tighten it on there.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    • Installed new angle drive dust cap to get a working speedo again.

• Started replacement of the steering column bushing (to be continued). I think it's fantastic that DMC sends the instructions with it (which I followed to a T), but for whatever reason my new bushing doesn't wanna go thru the fiberglass hole evenly. I went thru 2 bushings already. Even tried their bolt-washer-bushing-washer-nut-socket suggestion to tighten it on there.
    Post a couple photos inside and outside so we get a better idea.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Post a couple photos inside and outside so we get a better idea.

Dennis
    From the wheel well:
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-13-58-54a.jpg

From inside the car:
    IMAG0701.jpg

The new bushings that I messed up:
    IMAG0704.jpgIMAG0705.jpg
    Attached Images

Looks like hole in the steel (pedal box) is not in alignment with the Fiberglas hole. I'm fairly sure the bushing just fits the steel opening and the fiberglass side is a clearance opening for the protruding side of the grommet bushing. You made need to open the fiberglass hole to get the needed clearance. However, look around for indication that the area hasn't been disturbed from what would appear to be factory installation work.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Looks like hole in the steel (pedal box) is not in alignment with the Fiberglas hole. I'm fairly sure the bushing just fits the steel opening and the fiberglass side is a clearance opening for the protruding side of the grommet bushing. You made need to open the fiberglass hole to get the needed clearance. However, look around for indication that the area hasn't been disturbed from what would appear to be factory installation work. Also the washer stack up on the nut side works much better with a socket that is large enough to accept the bushing when drawn into it.

Dennis
    DENNIS

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Looks like hole in the steel (pedal box) is not in alignment with the Fiberglas hole. I'm fairly sure the bushing just fits the steel opening and the fiberglass side is a clearance opening for the protruding side of the grommet bushing. You made need to open the fiberglass hole to get the needed clearance. However, look around for indication that the area hasn't been disturbed from what would appear to be factory installation work.

Dennis
    +1

You should see bear metal all around the hole on both sides of the plate. Don't know what that black epoxy looking stuff on the outside is.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10201

Drove it in the rain. Nearly got hit by suv pulling out of gas station then swerving into my lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    +1

You should see bear metal all around the hole on both sides of the plate. Don't know what that black epoxy looking stuff on the outside is.
    +2 I just checked mine and there is nothing obstructing the metal hole. Here is a pic:

image.jpg
    Dana

Page 552 of 920 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 652 ... LastLast