FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 571 of 920 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3757

ah...

What?.....

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I am getting ready to change the fuel filter, and while I have that line open, I will replace the original fuel feed line (102365). I got a Stainless Steel braided version from DeLorean Club-UK, and it comes with bare SS braids. My DMC S/S injector hoses have a black cover on them, so I decided to get a black heat shrink tube for this hose to match.

Attachment 41189

The heat shrink tube is 3/4" semi rigid plastic with integrated glue. It shrinks to about half it's diameter, which is 3/8, just the size of the fuel line.
    Attachment 41190

Heat shrink in process. I used a heat gun, with a constant wave motion...being careful not to leave it on one area too long.
    Attachment 41191

Heat shrink tube all installed. Now it matches the injector hoses perfectly.
    Attachment 41192

I also got the S/S return line, and I'll do the same treatment to it.
    That looks great, Dana! I will have to file this away for future reference.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I am getting ready to change the fuel filter, and while I have that line open, I will replace the original fuel feed line (102365). I got a Stainless Steel braided version from DeLorean Club-UK, and it comes with bare SS braids. My DMC S/S injector hoses have a black cover on them, so I decided to get a black heat shrink tube for this hose to match.

I also got the S/S return line, and I'll do the same treatment to it.
    Great idea...looks good!

My VIN:    4519

I replaced my broken passenger side door handle with a metal one.

My VIN:    Early

I unwrapped most of the main engine harness, removed all connectors from bulkhead, and removed the support plate for them as well.

I'm going to replace all bulkhead connectors with deutsch connectors and run part of the main engine harness to the compressor, oil sender, starter, etc. along the passenger pontoon.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    4739

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Clutch issue

Last week I cranked the D over and realized I didn't have the normal resistance on the clutch pedal and couldn't find a gear while the engine was running.

So today I thought I could just top off the reservoir and get my clutch back.

Well, not only did I overfill the reservoir and make a nice puddle under the car, I still haven't resolved my original issue.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by cpear760 View Post
    Last week I cranked the D over and realized I didn't have the normal resistance on the clutch pedal and couldn't find a gear while the engine was running.

So today I thought I could just top off the reservoir and get my clutch back.

Well, not only did I overfill the reservoir and make a nice puddle under the car, I still haven't resolved my original issue.
    If you don't have any functional hydraulics. Just adding Fluid won't work without bleeding the system. But since the reservoir was empty, you have a leak either at the master or the slave cylinder. Your best option is to replace both components especially if they are the 35 year old originals.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I unwrapped most of the main engine harness, removed all connectors from bulkhead, and removed the support plate for them as well.

I'm going to replace all bulkhead connectors with deutsch connectors and run part of the main engine harness to the compressor, oil sender, starter, etc. along the passenger pontoon.
    I unwrapped my harness long ago and did the same running wires on the passenger pontoon. I was contemplating just removing the bulkhead connectors and butt spicing the wires but my stock connectors seem to be holding up.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post

Do you have any pictures of this? I'd like to see what it looks like behind there if you do.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3294

Had a little time over the weekend to tinker under the car and replace the Lambda Probe (O2 / Oxygen Sensor). I had been putting it off because I've read horror stories on here about stripping threads out of the exhaust manifolds and such, and I really didn't want to deal with that. Surprisingly enough, one shot of PB Blaster and a good smack with the right sized wrench and it came out with no problems at all. Put the new one in, and let the car run for about 30 minutes. Hoping it would make an improvement on my high idle issue and engine roughness, but it didn't. It's done though and I didn't break anything.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 571 of 920 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 ... LastLast