FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 582 of 920 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 592 632 682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bought some peace of mind for my D.

$18 plus shipping on Amazon. If you don't have one, do it now. It could save your life AND your car.
    http://smile.amazon.com/KID21006287-...ilpage_o01_s00
    Last edited by Morpheus; 05-12-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Nice. Matching color too

My VIN:    3294

My contribution over the last two nights.... Perfectly STRAIGHT fascia! No more eyebrows.

This was immediately after I released the reshaped fascia from the clamps, before the aluminum bars went in.

I couldn't have asked for better results.

Now I just have to get it all back together before Saturday morning's car show.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Bought some peace of mind for my D.

$18 plus shipping on Amazon. If you don't have one, do it now. It could save your life AND your car.
    http://smile.amazon.com/KID21006287-...ilpage_o01_s00
    Where are you guys putting this? Does it fit somewhere convenient? Do you secure it into place somehow?
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

^I haven't installed it yet, but I plan on putting it behind the driver's seat. If it doesn't fit, I'll likely put it on the parcel shelf behind the seat. It comes with a little mount so it doesn't go rolling around, which is great.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    ^I haven't installed it yet, but I plan on putting it behind the driver's seat. If it doesn't fit, I'll likely put it on the parcel shelf behind the seat. It comes with a little mount so it doesn't go rolling around, which is great.
    Let me know where you end up putting it. I have my driver's seat all the way back since I'm on the tall side, and I like to have my parcel shelf netting up, which I'm afraid may make it difficult for me to get to quickly if I were to need it.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    3294

I bought the chromed 2.5 lb Haltron fire extinguisher from H3r on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. It looks amazing, but as with all fire extinguishers, I hope I never have to use it. Right now, it's just lying on the parcel shelf behind the drivers seat. I can't decide if I want to mount it there, or mount it on the side wall inside the truck space. It just needs to be somewhere where I can get to it fast if needed.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    3937

What have I done with my DeLorean today?

Cleaned a bunch of random stuff out of the inside of my passenger door.

I could hear things ticking around inside when I opened or closed the door. I needed to reglue the window felt strip anyway, so thought I'd go in and have at it.

I found a couple rivet ends that had been previously drilled out because the PO used rivets instead of screws to resecure the window bracket for some reason. Also found quite a few small chunks of what looks like broken glass. I've not had anything like that break since I got the car in 2007, so I figure the little bits have been in there for a while.

Oh, and more of the mouse nest that came with the car when I got it, but apparently I didn't get reaching back into the far crevices of the inner door to get it all when I first found it. The real treat was up towards the front latch where it was a combination of greasy lube that probably got sprayed on the latches plus mouse poo plus chunks of broken glass. It was a real hoot cleaning that out, lol.

It's real nice and clean and fancy now though. Makes me think that the "DeLorean smell" we all know well is more mouse leftovers that you didn't realize were still in these hidden places in the car and not just the foam being damp. Damp from mouse pee maybe, but not just damp.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Where are you guys putting this? Does it fit somewhere convenient? Do you secure it into place somehow?
    I leave one on the package shelf of my DeLorean. That way it is readily available should the need ever arise. While I had previously transferred a fire extinguisher from car to car (along with the tools that I always carry with me at all times) just last week I decided to buy individual extinguishers for each of my 5 cars. Like many things in life, I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I completed an LED conversion. I still need to get Bitsyncmaster's LED compatible dimmer, but otherwise, I'm done.

In other news, I also discovered that I had 2 side marker housings that are cracked... now I have 3. But, hey, at least I have one good one.

Page 582 of 920 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 592 632 682 ... LastLast