FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 585 of 920 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10201

Took the hood off. Sheared all of the rock screen studs... sheared all of the front wing studs but one. Ill drill those and replace with stainless hardware anyways. Broke 2 rivets out of the fiberglass while trying to get the fenders off. No issues removing the rear fascia since I used stainless hardware these.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    sheared all of the front wing studs but one. Ill drill those and replace with stainless hardware anyways.
    What dou you mean by the "front wing studs"? Do you meat the studs imbedded in the bumpers? If so, you can grind out the remaining rusty pieces and install replacements using polyurethane window adhesive. Been there, done that, it worked. If you are a belt and suspenders person you could reinforce with some window screen placed over the stud and glued to the inside of the bumper. But I don't think that is necessary. This avoids drilling through the bumpers.

If you are thinking of something else ... never mind
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Hahaha my bad I meant front spoiler. I was tired while writing that. I plan on just drilling through and replacing it with stainless bolts. I don't trust gluing stuff.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Polyurethane is amazing stuff and works REALLY WELL for the plated studs in the bumpers/fascia. If the SS bolts are hidden then I agree. But if it doesn't work for you down the road (literally) then you can drill. I prefer to do the destructive steps as the last step. Not the first. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by nkemp; 05-28-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    15190

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My car took part in a short commercial video for an 80s T-shirt company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mburshtain; 05-28-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Got the last bolt off of the front spoiler. Took the front fascia off. The YouTube video I watched was missing removing the nuts from 2 the sides of the fascia. I took the 2 front fenders off.

I tried walnut blasting but it wasnt strong enough with fine grit to be economically viable. I got a very small section of the hood done with about 20ish pounds. it didn't damage the stainless so it might have limited uses. I then proceeded to use citriplus on the fenders and drivers side.

My VIN:    3757

OK...... I did it....

I was on the fence as to the letters on the back....

I decided to do laser cut Chrome for some bling.... I like it...

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Looking really nice

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Went to Eurofest. Mine's the silver one.

- Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today I started the installation of my new speakers. My radio sounds worse than the car in "Christine", so I'm replacing the speakers and refurbing the Craig deck. First up was the passenger rear.

A heat gun on low setting and patience worked like a charm on the armrest trim panel glue:
    image.jpg

The old Craig speaker. It was completely shot.
    image.jpg

The old one next to the new Kicker KS410
    image.jpg

I found that the Kicker speakers fit in the bracket well, and had the same connectors. Plug and play!
    Installed
    image.jpg

While I had the trim panel off, I cleaned and securely attached the connection to the rear window defogger.
    Before:
    image.jpg
    After:
    image.jpg

I used the heat gun and contact cement to re glue the trim panel. One speaker down, 3 to go!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 585 of 920 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast