FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 589 of 920 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Barkeeper's Friend. Holy crap... I attacked 1121 with it for the first time. I'm amazed. I'm calling it clay bar for stainless.

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Barkeeper's Friend. Holy crap... I attacked 1121 with it for the first time. I'm amazed. I'm calling it clay bar for stainless.
    Liquid or powder version?

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Today I washed my car for the first time since I got it. Only the wheels show any difference really. I think from now on I'll just wash those and clean the isolated dirty spots only washing everything every other month or so.

Unless Dave or Mike from DMCMW are reading, then I wash it every day.

I recharged the A/C and put the inlays into the car. They're spiffy.

OH. I almost forgot. I fixed the dust cap for the speedometer thing. Jacked up the car, put three layers of electrical tape on the very very yellow plastic and it was a tight fit. Normally the speedometer would fail me after 30min of driving or very rainy days. Or just cold days. Or whenever it wanted to. We'll see.

I asked a question on this thread a week ago but it's after midnight so I'll check for any answers later.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Liquid or powder version?
    Barkeeper's Friend liquid. Easy on, easy off.

I used a bucket of water and 4 towels.
    1) Wet panel with plain water using first towel (more than damp but not dripping wet).
    2) Apply Barkeeper's Friend to wet panel using second towel (just damp towel since panel was already wet). I didn't use much pressure and ran with the grain. This didn't take long, maybe three to five passes over the whole panel.
    3) Rinse panel with plain water re-using first towel (again, more than damp but not dripping wet). This took a couple or three passes over the panel. I rinsed the towel frequently in the bucket of water.
    4) I used two towels to dry the panel. First one got it mostly dry. Second one, completely dry.

I worked one panel at a time and fairly quickly. I took the warning about rinsing within a minute to heart. I rinsed each panel as soon as I was done with the application step... It wasn't one minute, but I didn't leave the Barkeeper's Friend sitting on a given panel longer than finishing step 2 and moving onto step 3.

I did have some crud on the passenger door below the rub strip. I don't know what it was. I worked a little harder there and it's all gone.

The feel isn't as different or noticeable as clay bar on paint, but it did feel "cleaner" after the process. I'm hoping to only do this once or twice a season. We'll see how addicted I get.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Recently I have noticed that the hood looked extra grungy. Needed washing. It wasn't just dirty. It looked like there was a greasy or waxy mess. It almost looked like I smeared it around the last time I washed it.

So I was holding a can of engine cleaner and pondered if it is waxy or oily and detergent isn't cutting it (literally and figuratively), maybe this would clean it up. I gave the hood a shot. It worked great. I followed quickly with a rinse and a detergent wash and rinse. And ... I was washing the car in the rain so it got rinsed for a couple hours. I'm on a well and my water, hard or softened, leaves spots. The soft rain water did a great job of rinsing. A couple hours later I rolled it out of the rain into the garage, towelled it off and it looks better than usual.

I also spot cleaned with the engine cleaner sprayed on a rag to get the black road tar type spots. Worked great.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Gave my D it's attitude back.

Attachment 43465

I took these off several years ago and stored them. Found them today while cleaning up and decided to re install for the summer.
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I like.

My VIN:    3294

Had my front and rear fascias repainted earlier last week. I searched through the forums and it seemed that many folks had gone with the "2011 Jeep Mineral Gray Metallic". I did so as well. Came out a little darker than I thought it would, but the finish and shine is so much better than it was before. I am very pleased with the results.

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    5090

I resurrected my power locks. I was not sure if the Solenoids were good or not, so I opted to leave them and replace the original door lock module with Houston's digital module. Plugged it in, and the locks work beautifully. Yay! Now to purchase the keyless entry module!

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Had my front and rear fascias repainted earlier last week. I searched through the forums and it seemed that many folks had gone with the "2011 Jeep Mineral Gray Metallic". I did so as well. Came out a little darker than I thought it would, but the finish and shine is so much better than it was before. I am very pleased with the results.

I think I was the first one to gamble and try the 2011 Jeep Mineral Grey Metallic color several years ago. I am glad others are pleased with it too! Those photos do look a little bit darker than mine, but it looks great!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

discovered a coolant leak which appears to be coming from the water pump to y-pipe coupler and is hopefully just caused by a loose clamp (pump & associated hoses were replaced last may).

2016-06-08 15.16.14.jpg 2016-06-08 15.16.17.jpg 2016-06-08 15.16.22.jpg

looks like i'm ripping the intake manifold off this weekend...

Page 589 of 920 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast