FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 598 of 920 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Installed a "new" air filter to replace the one that has been in my car since I bought it 8 years ago (figured it was about time even though it was barely dirty).

I ordered it from RockAuto. It was listed as warehouse clearance. Judging from the box art this filter looks like it may be older than my car!

Front.jpgBack.jpg
    Attached Images
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

Learn something new everyday, right?

Ok, lol, what the heck is this thing all about??

http://store.delorean.com/p-7773-tank-ac-vacuum.aspx

I didn't know I had one until poking around in behind the area where the charcoal canister is. It's not easily accessible from the looks of things, so figured I'd leave it alone unless there was some reason to check it over for condition or loose fittings or cracked hoses or something.

It's referred to as the A/C vacuum tank. Anyone know what it's function is? I don't and can only guess at this point.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Learn something new everyday, right?

Ok, lol, what the heck is this thing all about??

http://store.delorean.com/p-7773-tank-ac-vacuum.aspx

I didn't know I had one until poking around in behind the area where the charcoal canister is. It's not easily accessible from the looks of things, so figured I'd leave it alone unless there was some reason to check it over for condition or loose fittings or cracked hoses or something.

It's referred to as the A/C vacuum tank. Anyone know what it's function is? I don't and can only guess at this point.
    It holds a vacuum when your engine does not produce much vacuum like hard acceleration. You need vacuum for brake assist and to operate the HVAC controls.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

1) Put new anti squeal shims in the front. Now the car won't get as much attention

2) Finished putting new exhaust gaskets in. That was not fun but it doesn't sound like an old VW beetle

3) Washed it for tomorrow's MPLS Movies In The Park featuring BTTF 1. The DeLorean are invited and the crowd loves it.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It holds a vacuum when your engine does not produce much vacuum like hard acceleration. You need vacuum for brake assist and to operate the HVAC controls.
    Thanks Dave. I was wondering if it was a reserve tank of some kind. What you said makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5312

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Attachment 44375
    I went to my first auto show. It was a special olympics charity thing.

While I love the car I'm not much for dealing with strangers so I sat a few cars away. Thanks to this forum I thought to bring something to prevent people from sitting in it. I brought a scale model of the James Webb Telescope to leave in the driver seat and a Matt Smith bobble head for the other one. Weirdly I blew a fuse for the radio.

Played Pokemon Go to pass the time. I noticed that while people took pictures of most of the cars, mine was the only one where people posed to be included with the car.
    Nothing but pidgeys hanging in and around my car

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

image.jpgI don't even know how to explain this photo to someone from 1982.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    Early

Removed and modded my wiper motor to spin faster. I also made an access hole in the filler area for an easier removal.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

New doorsill seals

I'm waiting for an open barrel wire crimp tool to arrive so I can proceed with my fusebox replacement, meanwhile, I replaced the doorsill seals. They were deformed and dry.

Passenger side-before:
    image.jpg

Here is the old rubber seal removed, and the new one. The 2 original steel? rivets were a challenge to remove without bending the metal brace.
    image.jpg

I removed the old glue with carburetor cleaner, a putty knife and a rag. I used 3M yellow weatherstrip glue in its place on the new one.
    image.jpg

After the glue was removed, I used Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish and 1000 grit to polish the stainless metal braces.
    image.jpg

New rubber cut and installed. I used an X-acto knife to cut the holes, aluminum 1/8" pop rivets (2 per side), and new SP10462 SEM screws.
    image.jpg

New doorsill seals installed...
    image.jpg

One door seal pair down, 4 to go..
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    03572

Installed a new low pressure hose on a friends D today. It was a DPI line and the install went very easy. The line is much smaller than the stock line and without the pipe ends it was easy to feed along the frame. Just remember to slide the clamps onto the line before you push the pipe end into the line.

Also installed a new bushing in his car for the steering. Used the Grady bushing and had problems getting that pushing pressed in. What I think happened was the metal plate hole had some burs and therefor the bushing could not slide into the hole. I cut the four slots already in the bushing a little deeper and then it pressed in pretty easy.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 598 of 920 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast