FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 599 of 920 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Finished my white door LED lights:
    DoorLight-21.jpg

Blog Post: http://www.16908.info/?p=3008
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by EdR5150 View Post
    Finished my white door LED lights:
    DoorLight-21.jpg
    <Picard> THERE! ARE! MORE! LIGHTS! </Picard>

Seriously, though - nice job. How do you manage to keep cool the LEDs in the front?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post

Seriously, though - nice job. How do you manage to keep cool the LEDs in the front?
    They're simply taped around the inside of the splitter. They're in front of the radiator.
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    Early

I installed my "1984 Ford Cruise Control Kit." Three wires are inside the tube, and unfortunately, more would've not fit. So, as a fix, I slid two wires between the tube and the rubber cover. Also, if any of you are wondering about the horn switch, I am moving it to the steering wheel. I am going to use an MGB slip ring and horn contact for that.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Next was the addition of a relay block. I moved the old resistor bypass relay connector to the rearmost relay assembly and the hot start relay wiring to it in preparation for Dave M's relay. No more thermo time switch!

Also, I moved my amp to a better location...
    image.jpg
    Fits under my Nissan spare.
    Last edited by 81dmc; 07-22-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Fixed a pic
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Next was the addition of a relay block. I moved the old resistor bypass relay connector to the rearmost relay assembly and the hot start relay wiring to it in preparation for Dave M's relay. No more thermo time switch!
    I mailed your hot start relay yesterday. Note, if you change your ignition ECU to the GM module, you can eliminate the resistors and bypass relay altogether. I'm now running with the resistors bypassed but soon will be unwrapping that rear harness again to remove that wiring.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I mailed your hot start relay yesterday. Note, if you change your ignition ECU to the GM module, you can eliminate the resistors and bypass relay altogether. I'm now running with the resistors bypassed but soon will be unwrapping that rear harness again to remove that wiring.
    I already removed the resistors for the installation of a Bosch blue coil with them built in. As for the ECU, I guess I will wait until the old one dies.

Also, that was some fast shipping!

Thanks
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Over the past 2 days, I got a few jobs done on the interior. First, I installed my front speakers. Member Kukem helped me on extensions for the 4mm studs.

Driver side
    Attachment 44371
    Passenger side
    Attachment 44370

Then I finished installing the black Mattaligner by adding 2 DMC on/off switches.

Finally, I started the work on replacing my fuse box. There were 2 fuse holders that were melted, and the PO installed inline fuses to repair them. I'll return them to stock. Man, removing all the connectors from the old one is very tedious!

Before:
    Attachment 44372

After removal:
    Attachment 44373

Old and New parts...
    Attachment 44374

Cheers,

Today was a long day finishing my fusebox replacement after needing to buy a second open barrel crimp tool.

I bought this open barrel crimp tool on eBay ($27), and it didn't work, so it's being returned. The problem is that you can't get leverage to crimp the connector, and you have to crimp the wire and the insulator separately. I wasted 2 connectors trying to get it to work...
    image.jpg

I bought this open barrel crimp tool from Grainger, and it works beautifully!! It has a ratching action, and crimps both the wire and the insulation at the same time. Just insert the connector in the tool, press halfway to preload it. Then insert a stripped wire, and then squeeze until the tool releases. Excellent tool! All for $50.
    image.jpg

Here is the first fusebox wire with a new connector. 33 more to go! (I used a plastic hole gauge to separate the new work from the old connectors).
    image.jpg

I found a small piece of heat shrink tubing on the original wires, so replaced them with a 7/16" length.
    image.jpg

After crouching on my knees for 6-7 hours, I got all 34 connectors done and heat shrink tubing installed. Now it's time to insert them into the new fusebox.
    image.jpg

All 34 connectors inserted into the fusebox. I started with the left row, and finished with the right row. The detailed diagram that I made on disassembly really helped me get each wire exactly where it was (left and right for each fuse).
    image.jpg

Fuse box clipped in and new fuses inserted. They have a much tighter connection. I crossed my fingers, connected the battery and started the car. Everything worked, and no fuses blown!! Phew!!
    image.jpg

Now my fuse & relay compartment is completely refurbished.
    image.jpg

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2065

Idle speed "Hunt" when the engine is hot....

I am slowly working through the renovation program for 2065 here in Australia - steering, front brakes, door locks, window motors etc. While the car is running very well it does have a noticeable idle "hunt" most evident when hot - Revs up and down between 850 to 1,400. (BTW, the engine is standard 2.8 Kjet)

I strongly suspect a vacuum leak but before I start pulling things apart I thought I would ask for commentary or advice.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

OZ DMC
    DMC81

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    I am slowly working through the renovation program for 2065 here in Australia - steering, front brakes, door locks, window motors etc. While the car is running very well it does have a noticeable idle "hunt" most evident when hot - Revs up and down between 850 to 1,400. (BTW, the engine is standard 2.8 Kjet)

I strongly suspect a vacuum leak but before I start pulling things apart I thought I would ask for commentary or advice.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

OZ DMC
    DMC81
    First thing to do is clean your idle motor. Then if you can back off your curb idle screw (lower screw) that makes the idle motor run a little more open. The idle motors get the most torque at the half open point and the torque falls off as it approaches full open or full closed.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    First thing to do is clean your idle motor. Then if you can back off your curb idle screw (lower screw) that makes the idle motor run a little more open. The idle motors get the most torque at the half open point and the torque falls off as it approaches full open or full closed.
    Is there a how-to for cleaning your idle motor? I'm sure mine can use a little love.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Page 599 of 920 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 ... LastLast