FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 600 of 920 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Is there a how-to for cleaning your idle motor? I'm sure mine can use a little love.
    I just spay some solvent into the open valve and give it some hard twisting so the valve moves. You could put a few drops of thin oil onto the valve parts after.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

I sprayed carb/MAF cleaner & then penetrating oil into mine. I also have a pigtail that I use to exercise the motor full CW & CCW. As I recall, the center pin is 12Vdc and tapping either of the other two to ground moves it CW or CCW. Do not wire in any other configuration or failure may result.

If it is particularly gunked up, plug an end and let the penetrating oil sit and do its thing.

Anyone have any other methods?
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    First thing to do is clean your idle motor. Then if you can back off your curb idle screw (lower screw) that makes the idle motor run a little more open. The idle motors get the most torque at the half open point and the torque falls off as it approaches full open or full closed.
    Thank you Dave. Sorry I was slow to respond (PC issues).

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    I sprayed carb/MAF cleaner & then penetrating oil into mine. I also have a pigtail that I use to exercise the motor full CW & CCW. As I recall, the center pin is 12Vdc and tapping either of the other two to ground moves it CW or CCW. Do not wire in any other configuration or failure may result.

If it is particularly gunked up, plug an end and let the penetrating oil sit and do its thing.

Anyone have any other methods?
    Thank you nkemp

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    I am slowly working through the renovation program for 2065 here in Australia - steering, front brakes, door locks, window motors etc. While the car is running very well it does have a noticeable idle "hunt" most evident when hot - Revs up and down between 850 to 1,400. (BTW, the engine is standard 2.8 Kjet)

I strongly suspect a vacuum leak but before I start pulling things apart I thought I would ask for commentary or advice.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

OZ DMC
    DMC81
    I may be able to answer my own question with this link:-

http://www.k-jet.org/articles/inform...ging-guide/#41

Enjoy

My VIN:    Early

Grounded the steering column in preparation for my horn slip ring.
    image.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today, I finished removing the top door seal brackets to put new seals on them. Drilling 16 rivets out with the outer door skin in close proximity was stressful. I got it done though by taking my time and measuring clearances, plus following an online guide which was great. I am trying to do this job without completely removing the T panel which is glued securely in the middle.

Carefully lifting the rear portion of the T panel slightly..
    image.jpg

I put a 3/8" clear vinyl hose over the torsion bars and further protected the area with a towel. One rivet drilled out..
    image.jpg

And so on until all rivets were done. I slid the seal bracket down slightly. Then closed the door. I used a pick through the holes in the bracket to slide the seal unit rearward and under the T panel. Then I had the bottom half of the rivets to deal with.
    image.jpg

I carefully drilled them just enough so they would drop in the door cavity..
    image.jpg

Old crusty seals and new ones..
    image.jpg

I also noticed the my striker guides had some rusty screw heads..
    image.jpg

I took them off, cleaned and re-grained the guides and installed SS equivalent screws...
    image.jpg

Much better looking..
    image.jpg

Next weekend I'll install the new seals.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DMC-81; 07-31-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Attachment 44375
    I went to my first auto show. It was a special olympics charity thing.

While I love the car I'm not much for dealing with strangers so I sat a few cars away.....
    What a car to own for a guy like you, eh? LOL.

I understand though. How do you do when you're approached filling up or in a parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by EdR5150 View Post
    Finished my white door LED lights:
    Attachment 44697

Blog Post: http://www.16908.info/?p=3008
    BEAUTIFUL. Do you ever drive roads with those underglow lights on?

I think in Cali I'd be screwed. It's too bad these aren't really road legal AFAIK.

I like the BTTF feel it gives without actually converting anything. I might have to do something like this when I get a D. I don't really fancy the idea of all that stuff hanging off a car I'd probably enjoy driving to more than car shows and it's nice to see cars that remind me of the movie car without actually being one. Looks great!
    Last edited by toyotafreak88; 08-01-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I got it done though by taking my time and measuring clearances, plus following an online guide which was great.
    Can you share the guide?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    Can you share the guide?
    Sure! It was written by John Spangler. http://www.johnspangler.com/DMC/roofseals.html

Not completely removing the T panel was my only deviation. I'll see if that works when I install the new ones.
    I also measured the clearances and put them in photo comments on my interior restoration album if that helps any.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 600 of 920 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast