FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 601 of 920 FirstFirst ... 101 501 551 591 599 600 601 602 603 611 651 701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Replaced my fuse box

I can't believe I waited this long:

Before:
    20160726_202219.jpg

After:
    20160731_161946.jpg

i installed rob gradys mattaligner yesterday. very easy and great results.

video.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIi9w1Nj_ej/

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Thanks! The underglow lights are strictly car-show only. I feel like driving with them on is like asking for problems from law enforcement.

Right now I don't have any lighting under the engine. I'm undecided on if and how I should do that. It took several hours to design, solder, and install, but it was well worth it. I've gotten some nice compliments on them at the past few car shows. I like to say "It's the best $13 I've spent on the car!"

Quote Originally Posted by toyotafreak88 View Post
    BEAUTIFUL. Do you ever drive roads with those underglow lights on?

I think in Cali I'd be screwed. It's too bad these aren't really road legal AFAIK.

I like the BTTF feel it gives without actually converting anything. I might have to do something like this when I get a D. I don't really fancy the idea of all that stuff hanging off a car I'd probably enjoy driving to more than car shows and it's nice to see cars that remind me of the movie car without actually being one. Looks great!
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

Quote Originally Posted by EdR5150 View Post
    Thanks! The underglow lights are strictly car-show only. I feel like driving with them on is like asking for problems from law enforcement.

Right now I don't have any lighting under the engine. I'm undecided on if and how I should do that. It took several hours to design, solder, and install, but it was well worth it. I've gotten some nice compliments on them at the past few car shows. I like to say "It's the best $13 I've spent on the car!"
    Haha, yeah LED's are super cheap! I love the SMD 5050 RGB strips from china, I have a bunch on my computer and now my girlfriend wants me to install them in her apartment for some Star Trek themed lighting. I love the RGB strips because I can always change the colors.

Maybe red under the engine to match the brakes? I'm sure if you've gone this far you'll figure the rest out. I don't know the car well enough to offer mounting suggestions but perhaps inside the rear bumper if it's not too dirty there.

Now I'm wondering if red lights that are in the back of the car and just happen to glow on the ground would be legal....and same for the front with white. Hmmmm.....

My VIN:    10322

image.jpg
    I changed my side markers with LEDs. They're not any brighter than the originals but they use less power.

I discovered that all four gaskets are cracked and two of them are two pieces.

I'm thinking of fitting a strip of LEDs down the entirety of the plastic encasing, now that I know that the whole thing is empty. I wonder how easy they are to open...

Tomorrow I'm changing the license plate lights to 6500 white LEDs. After that the only lights that will be filament would be the reverse lights, radio console, PRNDL, glovebox, and the speedometer area. In the process of looking how to take the light out of the Sidemarker (you pull harder) I saw someone put lights in the footwells by attaching the wiring to the door plunger.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    image.jpg
    I changed my side markers with LEDs. They're not any brighter than the originals but they use less power.

I discovered that all four gaskets are cracked and two of them are two pieces.

I'm thinking of fitting a strip of LEDs down the entirety of the plastic encasing, now that I know that the whole thing is empty. I wonder how easy they are to open...

Tomorrow I'm changing the license plate lights to 6500 white LEDs. After that the only lights that will be filament would be the reverse lights, radio console, PRNDL, glovebox, and the speedometer area. In the process of looking how to take the light out of the Sidemarker (you pull harder) I saw someone put lights in the footwells by attaching the wiring to the door plunger.
    How are they not any brighter? I added my side marker leds and there 10 times brighter then the regular bulbs! It was a big different plus i also washed out my lenses because they were dirty on the inside.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    How are they not any brighter? I added my side marker leds and there 10 times brighter then the regular bulbs! It was a big different plus i also washed out my lenses because they were dirty on the inside. I love how extremely bright mine are. I orderes my bulbs from superbrightled.com.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yesterday I installed the new top door rubber seals on the brackets.

I removed the old glue with carb cleaner and a green scotch pad.
    image.jpg

I used 3M super weatherstripping glue ( black). It needed to be applied to both surfaces. I roughed up the metal bracket with the gray scotch pad, cleaned the rubber with dish soap and water, and the metal with isopropyl alcohol. Then I outlined the glue area with painter's tape.

image.jpg

Glue applied to both surfaces. It dries to the advised tacky state quickly, so I did one bracket at a time. I removed the tape and then stuck them together starting at one end, and gradually to the other. You only get one shot to get it in the right place, so I needed to take my time. I clamped the ends for about 30 minutes.
    image.jpg

Both seal brackets glued - and compared to the old ones. I'll let the glue cure and then drill the holes to remove the rubber.
    image.jpg

I needed to touch up the RTV in the gutter in the area where the seal goes today, so I'll have to install them another day.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10322

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    How are they not any brighter? I added my side marker leds and there 10 times brighter then the regular bulbs! It was a big different plus i also washed out my lenses because they were dirty on the inside.

Theyre definitely more red and amber than before, but I'm pretty sure they're the same brightness.

I tried to replace the license plate lights but the ones that SBL sold me don't fit. They're too long. Gotta return them.
    image.jpg
    The before photo. No after photo yet.
    Last edited by Peripatetic; 08-07-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Explained the photo
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Theyre definitely more red and amber than before, but I'm pretty sure they're the same brightness.

I tried to replace the license plate lights but the ones that SBL sold me don't fit. They're too long. Gotta return them.
    image.jpg
    The before photo. No after photo yet.
    Mine seem brighter. Btw order tag led lights in 38 mm. Thats the right size and fit nice and tight and look fantastic!
    Also have the same bulb in the truck as well and the same size. 38mm for the trunk, 2 dome lights and both tag lights.

Page 601 of 920 FirstFirst ... 101 501 551 591 599 600 601 602 603 611 651 701 ... LastLast