FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 604 of 920 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

My DPO sliced the vinyl on my driver's side rear trim panel. It had been riveted back on, right along the edge where it was under the weatherstripping. I needed to pull it off to replace rear speakers. I didn't want to rivet it again. Mike from DMCMW suggested Permatex The Right Stuff as an adhesive to bond the edge of the panel back to the underbody... either a solid bead for a likely permanent attachment or a few spots to hopefully allow it to be removable. I wanted it removable in case I need to get in there again. I actually did it yesterday. It seems to have worked. I'm thrilled to have that panel reattached without needing to recover it with vinyl to wrap and stick.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My DPO sliced the vinyl on my driver's side rear trim panel. It had been riveted back on, right along the edge where it was under the weatherstripping. I needed to pull it off to replace rear speakers. I didn't want to rivet it again. Mike from DMCMW suggested Permatex The Right Stuff as an adhesive to bond the edge of the panel back to the underbody... either a solid bead for a likely permanent attachment or a few spots to hopefully allow it to be removable. I wanted it removable in case I need to get in there again. I actually did it yesterday. It seems to have worked. I'm thrilled to have that panel reattached without needing to recover it with vinyl to wrap and stick.
    I used heavy duty industrial strength Velcro. It's been on there for a few months now and I don't have any kind of rattles or anything but the Permatex is a good idea as well

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I installed my rear outer door seals today, DMC #111128. I was impressed with the new seals as they were soft and supple. I used 3M super weatherstrip and gasket adhesive (black). I used the old seal as a template for the cutouts, but I adjusted them on the new seal to tighten them up.
    image.jpg

I cleaned the car area where the seals go, and made sure the panel screws were tight.
    image.jpg

Here are some pics of the result...
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On to the front seals...
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I installed my rear outer door seals today, DMC #111128. I was impressed with the new seals as they were soft and supple. I used 3M super weatherstrip and gasket adhesive (black). I used the old seal as a template for the cutouts, but I adjusted them on the new seal to tighten them up.
    image.jpg

I cleaned the car area where the seals go, and made sure the panel screws were tight.
    image.jpg

Here are some pics of the result...
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On to the front seals...
    I am finishing up my door seals as well and now have the passenger side to do but I didn't use any 3M adhesive as I got mine from special T Auto and they are very soft and supple and they have a super strong adhesive backing on them with no glue required. I didn't know if you seen them but they stick on there really tight! Yours turned out really great yourself! Good work!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I am finishing up my door seals as well and now have the passenger side to do but I didn't use any 3M adhesive as I got mine from special T Auto and they are very soft and supple and they have a super strong adhesive backing on them with no glue required. I didn't know if you seen them but they stick on there really tight! Yours turned out really great yourself! Good work!

Hey, thanks! Good luck with your install...
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Hey, thanks! Good luck with your install...
    Yeah you too my man! So far, as is going great!

My VIN:    05457

Went wild and installed $0.90 worth of screw caps on my shifter plate. Going to need a well deserved drink after that job.

20160815_202457.jpg
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10201

image.jpg
    What did you use to clean the area?

My VIN:    02613

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Went wild and installed $0.90 worth of screw caps on my shifter plate.
    90 whole cents? Good lord, man, you've come unhinged! May I suggest a therapist?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    What did you use to clean the area?
    Hi There,

I sparingly drizzled carburetor cleaner on the glue to soften it up, then used a piece of blue Scotch Brite pad sprayed in the cleaner to loosen it / remove some. Finally, a cotton rag with carb cleaner on it to wipe it all off. The trick is to avoid spraying it directly on the car. Just the glue and your tools.

Carb cleaner also removes paint and RTV, so be careful. Wear gloves and work in a ventilated area.

image.jpg
    Dana

Page 604 of 920 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 ... LastLast