FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 615 of 920 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Damn that is sketchy!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Marked my ninth year of ownership.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I don't think a small leak would have caused the bad running. You probably just need to put some time on the engine to clean out the FD and injectors.
    Exactly what I was thinking, longer it ran, better it ran. Need to go over everything next spring. Right now put away for the winter, just need to remove the back covers, and then put the car cover over it.
    Last edited by DeLorTex; 11-22-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    An easy way to clean the injectors is to run multiple bottles of Techron injector cleaner (the stronger version) through at once and on a partially full tank is even better. Injector cleaning at service stations can be done by running straight injector cleaner through the injectors. Mixing cleaner with a partial tank of gas is not as strong but may do the trick. If not, not much in money or effort lost.
    I used a bottle of Racers injector cleaner in about 2 gallons of gas, seemed to improve the longer I ran it. Wish we had 2 more weeks of nice weather---but.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Mine is settling into a long winter nap. Bummer.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Club(s):   (PNDC)

More handy how-to's

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    After taking my engine to the rebuilder yesterday I decided it was time to remove the ugly steering wheel apparently installed during the car's residence in Houston. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing how someone chose to adapt this wheel. In addition to a badly butchered adapter flange, 2 mismatched bell covers mounted back-to-back, and a 2" thick homemade rubber spacer, the wheel was attached to a crudely modified metal cover plate off a home wiring junction box! And if that wasn't enough, the adapter flange was further "modified" with a machine screw epoxied and taped in place which engaged the turn signal cancellation ring. While the nut on the end of the steering shaft had less than 2 threads engaged, all was well due to the glob of epoxy added inside it.

I guess they couldn't find anyone in Houston familiar enough with DeLoreans to do this correctly.
    While changing the steering wheel I noticed some cut-off wires under the dash, apparently from a since-removed alarm system. Needing somewhere to add an alarm indicator light, the previous owner removed the e-brake warning light and inserted this in its place, held in with a nice glob of modeling clay. It looks like I am going to have to spend almost as much time un-doing his "improvements" as repairing the fire damage.
    Attached Images
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    2790

Installed more interior LED upgrades from Bitsyncmaster. Installed a custom made transmission quadrant shift plate made from 3/8" aluminum sheet with an added DMOCO shift quadrant plate. Cut a tinted Plexiglas insert for the DMOCO plate on a laser cutter. Performed a little cold weather (for Dallas) EFI cold-start fuel enrichment tuning. Hooked up speed sense signal from electric power steering unit to the EFI controller ECU so it now knows vehicle speed. This is in anticipation of a future electronic shift point controller for the automatic transmission so I can get rid of the transmission throttle position cable and the ancient (but still working! ) analog transmission controller.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hershey View Post
    Installed more interior LED upgrades from Bitsyncmaster. Installed a custom made transmission quadrant shift plate made from 3/8" aluminum sheet with an added DMOCO shift quadrant plate. Cut a tinted Plexiglas insert for the DMOCO plate on a laser cutter. Performed a little cold weather (for Dallas) EFI cold-start fuel enrichment tuning. Hooked up speed sense signal from electric power steering unit to the EFI controller ECU so it now knows vehicle speed. This is in anticipation of a future electronic shift point controller for the automatic transmission so I can get rid of the transmission throttle position cable and the ancient (but still working! ) analog transmission controller.
    Let's see some photos!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Some pics of the console with shift plate. Assuming i uploaded them correctly.
    IMG_2669.jpg
    IMG_2671.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg

Repainted relay compartment chassis
    IMG_2629.jpg
    EFI controller chassis
    IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg

Page 615 of 920 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast