FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 617 of 920 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 615 616 617 618 619 627 667 717 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Anti mouse trick

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    I would have kept it in my garage and worked on the speakers and LED conversion but we're not sure that we properly blocked the mice out of the garage yet. We closed up the weaknesses but it's not worth risking the car.
    Get yourself a bag of cotton balls and some Peppermint essential oil. Soak the cotton balls with it, and put a couple balls in the truck, engine compartment and cabin. Mice hate peppermint. As you work on the car, put in some new cotton balls when you lose the peppermint smell. They last about a month if the car is closed up.

My VIN:    No. 4068

Hello All,

Not necessarily today, but fairly recently I did another small batch of overhauling and calibrating a few more Control Pressure Regulators for folk here in the UK.

Oh, and another overhaul and bench test of a central locking module.

It keeps me busy

Nick-"Admin-bloke"-T

P.S. Apologies for the pictures being, for some reason they get rotated uploading to the forum. ..
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NckT; 12-05-2016 at 05:57 PM.

My VIN:    5470

Took the car for the VA state inspection.... and failed.

...subsequently ordered my first part from SpecialT, a new front wheel bearing.
    Attached Images

Stripped the interior and dissected the hvac

Restoring 6639 and found the blend doors rusted shut.

image.jpgimage.jpg

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Took the car for the VA state inspection.... and failed.

...subsequently ordered my first part from SpecialT, a new front wheel bearing.
    ooh another NOVA owner Where abouts in nova are you located? feel free to pm me if you want/need any help sometime.

as an aside, have you ever considered antique plates? removes the need for inspections/emissions and, unless you want to daily the car, doesn't really restrict you (or at least, given these cars, local police will rather take a pic than scold you for not following the exact letter of the antique plate laws.... (not that i'd know anything about that ).

Well hello Fairfaxian,

I'm in Sterling, in your back yard! Nice to see another owner so close. There seems to be a few - it makes me curious why the NVDMC club channel on here is so quiet? I was contacted by another guy near Warrington who started a Delorean club and they're meeting monthly. Next planned get together is around new years. Would love to meet up.

As for the antique plates, I had considered it, but I do intend to drive it daily, and all it would take is on cranky cop to enforce the rules attached to that plate, and it'd be a large hassle. In the end, I don't mind it so much, as long as I have a mechanic I like that I trust with the car.

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Well hello Fairfaxian,

I'm in Sterling, in your back yard! Nice to see another owner so close. There seems to be a few - it makes me curious why the NVDMC club channel on here is so quiet? I was contacted by another guy near Warrington who started a Delorean club and they're meeting monthly. Next planned get together is around new years. Would love to meet up.

As for the antique plates, I had considered it, but I do intend to drive it daily, and all it would take is on cranky cop to enforce the rules attached to that plate, and it'd be a large hassle. In the end, I don't mind it so much, as long as I have a mechanic I like that I trust with the car.
    who do you take yours to when you need work? I try to do most of the work myself, but its always good to have a pro in my back pocket if i get in over my head.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Hey guys, Im from Bunker Hill WV and the DeLorean club I believe Rick is talking about is the TristateDeLorean.com club that Paul Shoremount and I started. Im new to the area as I moved here from southern MD last summer. I do all my own work on the DeLorean myself as does Paul and were always willing to help others out because we enjoy and we dont charge because at least in my opinion its not right. Feel free to hit me up here or facebook.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Changed out a wheel bearing today, as well as got my turn signals working (thanks to people here!). Off to the inspection shop tomorrow.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Working with about two feet of clearance on each side of the car I re-installed both doors by myself and adjusted the torsion bars. Not something I recommend doing alone, but I don't have any help available. I put an extension on my engine hoist and suspended each door over the car from the rear, carefully dropping it down enough to install the two outer hinge bolts 90 degrees from the correct position. Then with a prop under the door I just rotated it down to where the other bolts would fit, fed the wires thru their holes, attached the struts, and then set the torsion bars. They will need to be re-set once the interior panels are installed, but for now they work fine and close well. I had to be extra careful as my restored '57 Dodge hemi convert is in the next bay. I have it heavily covered in blankets in case of falling objects. Having done this many times before, I knew to tie the top of the temporary door prop to the door so that it didn't fall on the Dodge when the torsion bar took the load off of it....
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

Page 617 of 920 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 615 616 617 618 619 627 667 717 ... LastLast