FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 621 of 920 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 671 721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark66 View Post

One of these things is not like the others... :-)
    Lol yeah my wife the oddball!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4665

Took blueshark66's lead and took my D out of storage for a nice hour long drive on dry streets here in Michigan. She got a charged up battery and gallon of fresh gas in return for an enjoyable drive in the cold weather.

My VIN:    10201

I left work before the freezing rain really started because I was worried about icy roads. Extra good call because I never got the de-ice recall kit. I made him home safely before any snow or ice so I checked this morning and there was ice around the throttle cable. Never expected it to happen down here. I would have gotten a better picture but the louvres are frozen in place.

Not that having the kit would have made any difference on my decision not to drive today though. It's too risky to drive with any snow or ice on the ground in the south because most of it wont be treated with sand or salt.

My VIN:    Midproduction

I "fixed" my torn rear panel edging by glueing vinyl under the panel and along the edge, applying leather repair to fill the gap and covering with Acura Charcoal 17333 vinyl paint. I tried recreating the grain with a grain copier, but the leather repair refused to dry. I probably need a leather repair iron to perfect this approach. Not perfect for the OCD Delorean owner, but it'll work for now!

View of torn vinyl edging.jpg

IMG_6921.jpg

My VIN:    10353

Rubbed that "Black Again" stuff over everything today and I'm surprised how well it came out! Went over it again after this picture to cover up the spots I missed.
    Attached Images

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

I started it. That's all.

Amazingly it started right up no issues which is a miracle knowing how my car usually is.

I haven't started it since just after Thanksgiving when I drove it from Ohio to Colorado. It historically eats my battery and also has been stuffed in a cold garage. I guess since the battery is brand new (had to replace the fried battery...again...just before the trip) I should expect it would hold up. Now I want the weather to improve so I can get it on the road again.

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark66 View Post

One of these things is not like the others... :-)
    Nothing wrong with that (tho I don't have the Challenger anymore).

dmcchall.jpg

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    Nothing wrong with that (tho I don't have the Challenger anymore).

dmcchall.jpg
    Ahh very nice! Yeah too bad you don't have it anymore and I just bought this for her for Christmas. She definitely wants a DeLorean also but she wanted the Challenger first. First I need to get a bigger garage lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

I tried driving it today but the throttle cable is definitely frozen and without working heat, I guess Im stuck like that until it warms up down here.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I tried driving it today but the throttle cable is definitely frozen and without working heat, I guess Im stuck like that until it warms up down here.
    A hair dryer (or heat gun) would probably thaw it out. Even engine compartment heat could do it. BUT .... the trouble you now have is water in the cable and the next time you drive it could freeze while driving or at the next stop.

I faintly recall that the original fix was a bit of antifreeze in the tube. A better fix, IMHO which is subject to being wrong without notice, is to get the water out, fix the entry point and maybe a bit of lube (WD40?) in the housing. The trouble with lubes in applications like this is that in time, they can actually gum up the housing rather than provide that freel flow we want. Blowing it out or vacuuming (pull a vacuum for a while with a shop vac) is an alternative.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Page 621 of 920 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 671 721 ... LastLast