FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 625 of 920 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 675 725 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I figured number one at the bottom if you noticed how its curved that part goes on the coolant pipe while the other part wraps around and snaps onto the otterstat keeping it in place.
    Yep, that was how I found it.

[snip]
    But to answer your question yes those metal clamps are Factory and that's how the cars came with them so the otterstat doesn't blow out from the coolant flowing through.
    Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for (I know my post was long, but hey, it is a thread about "What have you done...".

T.

Last edited by Citizen; 01-16-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    Delorean owners in Australia have got together and arranged to have Chris Nicholson do the rounds on our cars.

He has been focused on body work but he did manage to fix the dodgy closing of my passenger door and show case his skills on many other aspects of the "D" mechanicals.

Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide will all receive a visit and the work has been fantastic - Thanks Chris

Photos show Chris working on the dent in the edge of my driver side door then signing his work at my request, brilliant

Attachment 48247Attachment 48248Attachment 48249
    Forgot to mention Perth as well....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

12 year anniversary for my Yellow Top in my 1990 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually.

Sits for months at a time and it has still performed like a trooper, most recently for DCS 2016, transporting D Rex.

I have had to "boost it" when it sits for over 6 months, but it has "recovered" well after multiple boosts, over time.

It's been sitting since late July (just after DCS 2016), so I will see if it recovers again later this month or next month.

I have a yellow top in my 2000 Supercharged Z/24 Cavalier thats been in there since 2005. Bought it in Augest of 2005 and was built in May of 2005. Getting one for the DeLorean soon from Amazon for $168. Funny how much they went up since 05. I paid $105 then.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    12 year anniversary for my Yellow Top in my 1990 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually.

Sits for months at a time and it has still performed like a trooper, most recently for DCS 2016, transporting D Rex.

I have had to "boost it" when it sits for over 6 months, but it has "recovered" well after multiple boosts, over time.

It's been sitting since late July (just after DCS 2016), so I will see if it recovers again later this month or next month.
    Thats how my Z/24 is. Its starting to show since of slowing if sitting for awhile and since I live in West Virginia now and I can go weeks before the roads clear up with the salt in the snow and when I go to drive it, it has a little bit of a slow start but I'll go out and put a battery tender on it for every once in awhile and I'll find out real quick after that. If I go about a month without driving it it still starts really quick but anything longer than that starts to slow it up. Now with a lot of the lighting and electronics that I added in my DeLorean, are yellow top would be great but everything in the car now is either LED or electroluminescent and that's still really won't draw anything.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Yep, that was how I found it.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for (I know my post was long, but hey, it is a thread about "What have you done...".

T.

Well i was glad to answer your question sir! 😆

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I decided to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets while the car is down for a gearbox repair. So, today, I removed the muffler, brackets, heat stove, starter heat shield, alternator, and tried to remove the passenger side manifold studs.

I sprayed WD-40 on the nuts and waited. I was contemplating heating them, but I decided to try to remove them first. I made sure not to use too much torque on this first attempt. To my surprise, they broke free just by using an 11mm crows foot with a ratchet, or a combination wrench and a hammer to tap the wrench.

Here is the heat shield which I'll refurbish and reinstall.

image.jpg

Here is the manifold after..

image.jpg
    I reinstalled the nuts just snug as I still have to remove the crossover pipe.

Here's hoping that the other side is easy as well.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Early

I made my first 3D model of the the window switch and lock switch panel for VIN 831. These are going to be mounted in place of the useless door air vents and are beefed up in thickness for increased heat resistance. The cutouts are for Euramtec style window/lock switches.

Here's a screenshot of the drivers side:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 7.23.36 PM.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the passengers side:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 7.23.54 PM.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the blank panel:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 7.24.12 PM.jpg

I attached a blank panel design in .stl AND .123d format.
    Here--> Door_Vent_Panel_Base.zip

Now I just need to finish assembling my Folgertech FT-5 so I can start printing...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Dont see why everyone says those vents are useless. I properly sealed mine and get awsome air flow, just like the dash vents.

My VIN:    Early

Dont see why everyone says those vents are useless. I properly sealed mine and get awsome air flow, just like the dash vents.

Mine are useless since I rerouted all vents to the dash pads. I mainly did that because I installed a double-din radio.

Honestly, if I hadn't installed a larger radio, I would have kept them.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Mine are useless since I rerouted all vents to the dash pads. I mainly did that because I installed a double-din radio.

Honestly, if I hadn't installed a larger radio, I would have kept them.
    Oh ok well that makes sense and I didn't know your car had a double DIN unit.

Page 625 of 920 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 675 725 ... LastLast