FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 626 of 920 FirstFirst ... 126 526 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 676 726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6679

6679 received the Chris Nicholson magic in Adelaide, Australia yesterday

Chris

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post

Got my DPI SS lower control arms, poly sway bar bushings and SS mounting taps for the lower part of the QA1 adjustable coil overs. Now just wanting on the brake upgrade package and i can start installing a whole new suspension/brake package.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Very Nice! Do you have any pics with the lower control arms installed? how long have they been there, any signs of corrosion of any type? Also.... what are your thoughts about them now? Are they supposed to be any stronger than the originals?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post

Awesome! How does everyone seem to get Chris to come to them? Maybe one day he'll come to Alaska and 5625 can get the Chris N. treatment!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    Early

Got my DPI SS lower control arms, poly sway bar bushings and SS mounting taps for the lower part of the QA1 adjustable coil overs. Now just wanting on the brake upgrade package and i can start installing a whole new suspension/brake package.
    I like those lower arms, but why haven't they redesigned those to be A-arms? One of the weak points of the design is the mounting point after all.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Very Nice! Do you have any pics with the lower control arms installed? how long have they been there, any signs of corrosion of any type? Also.... what are your thoughts about them now? Are they supposed to be any stronger than the originals?
    They're not installed yet but they will be soon. This is part of the brake/performance package offered by DPI. Kit consists of stainless lower arms, rear stainless radius arms, adjustable upper spindle links, stainless steering shaft, poly bushings, 4x QA1 adjustable coilovers with 10 way dampers. Front 4 piston calipers with drilled/slotted rotors. Rear solid disc's with standard calipers with stainless pistons. I will post pics during the install.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I like those lower arms, but why haven't they redesigned those to be A-arms? One of the weak points of the design is the mounting point after all.
    Do you happen to have a picture of the bottom of the LCA's?

Here you go! Look pretty good to me.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Here you go! Look pretty good to me.

Awesome, thanks! Does DPI have SS upper arms as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Awesome, thanks! Does DPI have SS upper arms as well?
    No problem and as far as i know, they do not. These arms are for coilovers only. Notice no spring cups? The struts it's inside the little opening in the kit also comes with stainless steel spacers that go in between there for structural support

My VIN:    2065

More great work from the master...

Page 626 of 920 FirstFirst ... 126 526 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 676 726 ... LastLast