FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 629 of 920 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 679 729 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Red face DCS Magazine set

HI
    Been a while since I have been on here but I was going through some of the show stuff and found some things I thought were gone.
    One thing in particular is the LAST full set of DCS magazines all 16 issues.
    I sold them at the car shows for $100 a set and am willing to let this last set go for the same amount plus shipping.
    if you are interested contact my me by e-mail [email protected]

Also have a number of the Delorean Polo Shirts we sold at the shows. I have quiet a few but not all sizes in all colors.
    They have the DeLorean Embroidered over the left shirt pocket. We sold hundreds of these over the years.
    Blue, Black, Green, Red and Gray. I have about 30 of these left they sold at the show for $30 if you contact me by e-mail I will let them go for $25 plus shipping.
    Offering these here and on the DML first before I put the stuff on e-bay. The prices will be higher there. Magazine set will ask $125, Shirts will stay $30 and watches will be $20.

Also have Delorean Vegas Playing cards reduced to $5.00 per deck and I have DCS Watches that I will let go for $15 plus shipping.
    the Face says DCS in red. I have 5 men's and two woman's watches left.

My VIN:    Early

• Finally installed Bitsynmaster's dome module
    • Reinstalled roof harness retainer
    • Sealed all roof bolts with RTV
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    No grease needed on the tops at all. Just re-wax your rubber spring isolators and you will be fine. DMC-81 (Dana) did this during his suspension rebuild and it worked perfectly. Here are the steps he gave me:

1) boil a kettle of water (you may need to repeat this if you run out of hot water).
    2) put the rubber isolators in a set tub/slop sink and slowly pour the hot water over them on both sides until the old wax melts away. Be careful not to burn yourself.
    3) Wash the isolators afterwards with soapy water and a cloth. Rinse well.
    4) Put approx 1/2 cup of hard wax into a small saucepan. If you bought Gulf Wax, this would be one of the squares. The canning wax is food grade, but if you want to minimize the cleanup in one of Laura's pans afterward, you can line the pan with aluminum foil first.
    5) Heat the wax on low setting. Just enough heat to melt into a clear liquid.
    6) Using a small artist's paint brush (with a head of bristles about the size of your smallest finger), brush the melted wax over one side then the other. You may want to do this over the pan as the wax solidifies quickly. Repeat with another coat.
    If you get globs or drips of wax on the isolator, you can smoothe it out by carefully and strategically pouring hot water on it later. Be careful to not undo your wax job!
    7) Let the isolators cool sufficiently before installing them.

The wax is widely available and comes in a box like this:
    Attachment 48786
    I went a little crazy with it and they ended up looking like this:
    Attachment 48787

As for the bottom in the spring cup, I didn't put any grease there, either. I haven't heard any squeaking in the few miles I have driven thus far with it. Of course, YMMV.
    Awesome, thanks for the response!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    6125

I just completed a suspension rebuild on 1098 that lasted the better part of 10 weeks.

A couple of months ago, I had the opportunity to "swap" my stock springs for a set of Eibachs, and I jumped at the chance. After a lot of thought about what to do "while i'm in there", I came to the conclusion that this is a job I only wanted to do once. As such, I decided to go with poly bushings up front, Toby's poly sway bar kit, new performance shocks, Ed's LCA brackets, new ball joints, new angle drive and lower cable, and powder coated and re-plated arms, knuckles, brackets and the like. Here's a few pics of all the bits before assembly:

Since this was my first time ever replacing a suspension of any kind, I had to take my time with it. Progress was gradual and involved many trips to Harbor Freight, ACE Hardware, and various Auto Parts stores along with a machine shop or two.

A before shot of my car on the right:

Final result after a nice long drive on some twisty back roads:

From the ground to the center of the wheel arches it sits at 24" up front and 26-1/2" in back. By many accounts on here that is pretty much inline with Giugiaro's original design.

I have to thank many of the members here for their guidance and advice, especially Mark D. He was a tremendous help along the way, and provided a TON of pictures from his own restoration to assist me. He was also gracious enough to provide me the spacers needed to install new poly bushings into my UCAs and I am eternally grateful. Thanks, Mark!

The car drives and handles like a completely different vehicle. The ride is smooth, the steering is precise, and the car no longer "floats" up front! Best money I have spent on the car thus far.
    Wow, you really did a fantastic job! The plated and powder coated parts with the new bushings and stainless LCA supports look amazing. Congrats on completing your restoration and getting to take that first drive afterwards. For me that first drive after doing all the suspension work is just as memorable as the first time I ever drove a DeLorean. Lowering the front back to the "designed" height it's a total transformation to how the car behaves on the road. It's some of the most satisfying money you can spend on the car because of how it completely changes the way it drives.

I'm so happy you found the photos useful and I was able to provide some help along the way. It sounds like the spacers worked out well for the upper control arm bushings so that's great to hear too.

My VIN:    10353

After two impact wrenches, a bit of heat from a propane torch, and some bad language mixed in, was finally able to get the crankshaft nut off and replaced my leaking front main seal.

While I was there ended up doing an oil change and using that Nevr-Dull stuff on the exhaust tips, looks brand new!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10201

Changed my oil and got lucky finding some vr1 for $2/qt at AutoZone. Cheapest oil change I've ever done. I also changed the transmission fluid but that was yesterday

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Despite the extreme cold did Tri-State flooring Club had a nice little turnout today!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I just completed a suspension rebuild on 1098 that lasted the better part of 10 weeks.

A couple of months ago, I had the opportunity to "swap" my stock springs for a set of Eibachs, and I jumped at the chance. After a lot of thought about what to do "while i'm in there", I came to the conclusion that this is a job I only wanted to do once. As such, I decided to go with poly bushings up front, Toby's poly sway bar kit, new performance shocks, Ed's LCA brackets, new ball joints, new angle drive and lower cable, and powder coated and re-plated arms, knuckles, brackets and the like. Here's a few pics of all the bits before assembly:
    Attachment 48771Attachment 48772Attachment 48773

Since this was my first time ever replacing a suspension of any kind, I had to take my time with it. Progress was gradual and involved many trips to Harbor Freight, ACE Hardware, and various Auto Parts stores along with a machine shop or two.
    Attachment 48777Attachment 48778Attachment 48779Attachment 48780Attachment 48781Attachment 48783

A before shot of my car on the right:
    Attachment 48785

Final result after a nice long drive on some twisty back roads:
    Attachment 48784

From the ground to the center of the wheel arches it sits at 24" up front and 26-1/2" in back. By many accounts on here that is pretty much inline with Giugiaro's original design.

I have to thank many of the members here for their guidance and advice, especially Mark D. He was a tremendous help along the way, and provided a TON of pictures from his own restoration to assist me. He was also gracious enough to provide me the spacers needed to install new poly bushings into my UCAs and I am eternally grateful. Thanks, Mark!

The car drives and handles like a completely different vehicle. The ride is smooth, the steering is precise, and the car no longer "floats" up front! Best money I have spent on the car thus far.
    Looks awesome Brandon!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Despite the extreme cold did Tri-State flooring Club had a nice little turnout today!
    Either you used your speech-to-text, or you've got some home improvements planned for us soon?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Either you used your speech-to-text, or you've got some home improvements planned for us soon?
    Yeah and i was stupid not to even look. That thing has its days! Lol. Thaks for pointing that out Rick.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 629 of 920 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 679 729 ... LastLast