FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 63 of 921 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Got my new DPNW steering bushing installed, the column and kneepads reinstalled, interior quarter panels, rear deck panels and carpet and driver's side carpet. Tried to install my new steering shaft from DCUK, but I assembled it overzealously and now the joints are pressed too far onto the shaft. So it's too short to bolt to both the column and the rack at the same time. Taking it to a machine shop tomorrow to see if they can back the joints off for me. Should have the steering and dynamat installs done and the car back on the road for the weekend!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    3589

Installed Fuel pump..

..got that all back together. New fuel distributor too. NO joy on the pump running though with key turned on (bringing car back from 25 year rest). Jumpered the relay and pump ran, so off to order new fuel pump relay(s) :-)

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Test the circuit first by jumpering the RPM relay harness to apply power to the pump.

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    ..got that all back together. New fuel distributor too. NO joy on the pump running though with key turned on (bringing car back from 25 year rest). Jumpered the relay and pump ran, so off to order new fuel pump relay(s) :-)
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    1768

Finally finished re assembling the interior after putting in 75sq ft of Dynamat and new carpet padding. I must declare I driving a Delorean without an interior is a horrible thing to endure.

Now im off to show the car off to the previous owner who hasn't seen it in nearly 3 years!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Now im off to show the car off to the previous owner who hasn't seen it in nearly 3 years!
    A sadist, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    A sadist, eh?
    Yeah... Evil bastard

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Clint's PO will probably be pretty impressed and rightly so, considering the amazing transformation that car has undergone. Cool that they're staying in touch though! Only problem then is you feel bad saying nasty things about your PO hack jobs

On topic: realized that with all the things I was trying to do at once, I never cleaned/vacuumed out the shampoo before I put all the carpets back in. Pulled the seats and went at the carpets with a wet shammy and a hand vacuum. Much better, but should have done it while they were out.

Working on getting my new stainless steering shaft installed. Having a hard time getting it connected to the column but am confident it will get done.

Also going to replace a cracked side marker and start thinking about installing my new radiator shroud.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    16419

finished building the new back shelf and rear wall. Going to start the speaker install this week. Also did the test fit and light for the back lit Delorean letters for the bumper. Looks hella sexy. Though on the subject of PO and what they did to their cars. I feel that I got a rescue pet and is now giving it all the love it deserved. Steam cleaning out all the garbage and cigarette smoke and tar from the carpets. Disgusting.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    I feel that I got a rescue pet and is now giving it all the love it deserved.
    That is awesome! That analogy is as good as the frying bacon with your shirt off one!! HAHAHA.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1968

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Got it back together after two months of having the interior taken apart. Re-covered binnacle, dash, knee pads, seats and headliners!
    Now if I can just get the !#$%@ glovebox lid lined up, I'll be set!

Page 63 of 921 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast