Page 632 of 702 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 682 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7012

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #6311
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    3,434

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Took mine out for its first ever drive in FEBRUARY! In WISCONSIN! The sun was so strong I almost switched the A/C on but the windows worked fine in the lo 60's. Alas by next weekend things will be back to normal highs in the upper 20's-low 30's.
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE I, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID sealed beam style headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, Mid-State Club Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, GENUINE MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

  2. #6312
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    6,678

    My VIN:    03572

    Took mine out for a fill up and the grocery store since it's 70 today. Had to test my new engine harness and new ignition coil was my excuse. Seemed to start a little slower on the cold start but after that it ran fine and started instantly.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  3. #6313
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Crystal Lake IL

    Posts:    5,026

    My VIN:    05429

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Took mine out for its first ever drive in FEBRUARY! In WISCONSIN! The sun was so strong I almost switched the A/C on but the windows worked fine in the lo 60's. Alas by next weekend things will be back to normal highs in the upper 20's-low 30's.
    Funny, I did the same thing and realized as well that my car has never even been started in February. I usually see April 1 as my first drive date.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    dswingle@DeLorean.com

  4. #6314
    Senior Member Peripatetic's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2015

    Location:  Chicagoland

    Posts:    157

    My VIN:    10322

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Took mine out for its first ever drive in FEBRUARY! In WISCONSIN! The sun was so strong I almost switched the A/C on but the windows worked fine in the lo 60's. Alas by next weekend things will be back to normal highs in the upper 20's-low 30's.
    I drove mine for a total of three hours yesterday. I didn't use the A/C but I did run the "vent" setting, but I was surprised about how warm this weekend was.

    Over the winter I read a book by Bill Nye titled "Unstoppable" and he mentions that there is a paint that some people use on the inside walls of their attic to reflect infrared paint back, so in the summer heat would bounce off the house and in the winter heat would bounce back in. I wondered if it was possible to use this paint on DeLoreans. Not the outside, of course, but between the stainless steel and the cabin.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

    If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

    Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

  5. #6315
    Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2016

    Posts:    44

    Engine Bay Lights

    Wired some engine bay lights. Mine came to me with nothing, no light, no switch. Found these on ebay. I have a rocker switch on the rear closing panel.


    IMG_4595[1].jpg



    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Super-Bri...VUpx~c&vxp=mtr

  6. #6316
    Senior Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    3,968

    My VIN:    3937

    Been doing ATF change and pan gasket/dipstick tube seal leak repairs. I have a whole host of new swear words I've been practicing and thankfully no new holes requiring drywall repair from the Fists of Fury contest I was considering holding in the garage. F&$k me why do I have this car? My arms just don't go in the directions needed to get that god forsaken dipstick tube bracket screw started into the threads from underneath when you can't see what you're doing.

    Anywho, what's the word on reusing cork gaskets? The ATF pan gasket that is. I had some RTV goop on it before and I think it had worked for the most part, but was probably the source of the leak in areas I didn't get enough slopped around. Seems it was this more than the dipstick tube seal in hindsight. Ahh, effing hindsight. I have my old cork one from what was on the car for years and it isn't torn, but it is used. Am I better to go with the RTV gasket maker goop or the used cork gasket?
    One damn minute Admiral...


  7. #6317
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    6,678

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Been doing ATF change and pan gasket/dipstick tube seal leak repairs. I have a whole host of new swear words I've been practicing and thankfully no new holes requiring drywall repair from the Fists of Fury contest I was considering holding in the garage. F&$k me why do I have this car? My arms just don't go in the directions needed to get that god forsaken dipstick tube bracket screw started into the threads from underneath when you can't see what you're doing.

    Anywho, what's the word on reusing cork gaskets? The ATF pan gasket that is. I had some RTV goop on it before and I think it had worked for the most part, but was probably the source of the leak in areas I didn't get enough slopped around. Seems it was this more than the dipstick tube seal in hindsight. Ahh, effing hindsight. I have my old cork one from what was on the car for years and it isn't torn, but it is used. Am I better to go with the RTV gasket maker goop or the used cork gasket?
    It's best to have some gasket so the gasket will tear if you need to remove it again. Some RTV will hold to tight and you will really have some new swear words when you need to remove it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  8. #6318
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2017

    Location:  Eastern Ohio

    Posts:    6

    My VIN:    16,427

    Started mine and let it warm up. Couldn't drive it though since the wheels are off awaiting caliper rebuild as soon as I get some spare time.

  9. #6319
    Senior Member rickjames8's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Northern Virginia, near Washington DC.

    Posts:    212

    My VIN:    5470

    Took mine out on Friday night to dinner - first time the wife had ever ridden in it (we have a newborn, so it's not often it's just the two of us!). Then went out Sunday to cars-n-coffee and met SamHill, who I count as the 7th fellow owner I've met since I bought the car in December (others are Paul S, Christian Dietrich, Matt from Fairfax, Matt from Drive Stainless, Bill Robertson, Steve from Richmond)

    Then tonight I got the drivers side front spring and shock changed out!!! Whew, what a job! I bought some Spax shocks here in the parts-for-sale forum, and I just bought Steve's lowering springs when he upgraded to QA1. I get 2-3 hours a night after the kiddo goes to bed to do car stuff, so tomorrow night will be the pass side, then on to the rears!

  10. #6320
    Senior Member rickjames8's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Northern Virginia, near Washington DC.

    Posts:    212

    My VIN:    5470

    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    ....Then tonight I got the drivers side front spring and shock changed out!!!....
    And last night, got the passenger front done. By the weekend, we should have all 4 corners taken care of.

Page 632 of 702 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 682 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •