FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 633 of 920 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 683 733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Sunday was a fun day Rick! Dont know if I will be there this sunday. My car wont be around much longer anyway. Time to finish the last parts of my restoration I started in 2009. She is getting the fascia's pulled, gutting all the brakes and suspension and some other custom stuff. This weekend might be my last weekend for a while.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3469

headliner install

I just spent the last couple of nights finally putting the new headliner in the D. I bought the kit 3 years ago right after I bought the car. I replaced the door pieces first because they sagging into my vision. The installation wasnt too bad. The worse part was trying to put the visors back on after a long day at work, I just couldn't do it last night. This morning with a good nights sleep they went on in literally 5 minutes!! Also put new door seals on at the same time, doors dont like them too much. It going to take some time for them to flatten/ conform to the doors but it will be a nice tight seal. Jim O

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I towed mine to DMC Florida's new location, Brakes, New SS Exhaust installed, Check AC, Brake Light, etc.

I don't have time to work on it. Plus, I am helping Tony on his way to success.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Tonight I rebuilt 4194's front calipers and replaced the front pads.

I also finished resealing 5052's windshield.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

I just got these in the mail 2 weeks ago and now I'm waiting for the 4-piston calipers to show up and I can start installing my all new braking and suspension package from DPI!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I just got these in the mail 2 weeks ago and now I'm waiting for the 4-piston calipers to show up and I can start installing my all new braking and suspension package from DPI!

Nice, didn't realize DPI had a wilwood kit out. That's awesome; I love their stuff. I have a similar setup on my front brakes:
    Front Brakes.jpg

You'll definitely notice a huge difference in braking performance; much stiffer and more reactive brake pedal!

Be sure to go through the brake rotor burnishing and pad bedding process. My new rotors came zinc plated and the wear in process removes that coating over the first few times driving with the new rotors. Those look to be powder coated or painted so you'll have to go through that process while it wears off. http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechPadBedTip.aspx http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechRotorTip.aspx
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 02-24-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Nice, didn't realize DPI had a wilwood kit out. That's awesome; I love their stuff. I have a similar setup on my front brakes:
    Front Brakes.jpg

You'll definitely notice a huge difference in braking performance; much stiffer and more reactive brake pedal!

Be sure to go through the brake rotor burnishing and pad bedding process. My new rotors came zinc plated and the wear in process removes that coating over the first few times driving with the new rotors. Those look to be powder coated or painted so you'll have to go through that process while it wears off. http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechPadBedTip.aspx http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechRotorTip.aspx
    I guess it's Wilwood he has as I don't have the calipers just yet today the manufacturer but it has to be something the fit behind the factory size wheel. Since I practically drive my car everyday and quite a distance to go to work and home I definitely wanted something to make the car stop a lot better than using solid disk brakes that will wear out over time quickly. On my supercharged Cavalier I have painted my brake rotors with high temperature black paint and then drove it a few times to burn the paint on the face and it helps to keep the oxidation out of the rotors and that way it always looks nice and new. I used to install a lot of Wilwood and Brembo brakes when I used to work at the GM dealership back in the day and installed a lot of high-performance braking systems on Corvettes and stuff. I'm sure it's going to be a night and day difference for how this car is going to stop and handle.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post

You're a lucky man that you can get away with car parts in the house. My wife has a "No DeLorean parts in the kitchen" policy.

Awesome looking brake set up though for sure. I continue to be impressed with the stuff DPI is putting out.

nice! what is the diameter of the new rotors?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You're a lucky man that you can get away with car parts in the house. My wife has a "No DeLorean parts in the kitchen" policy.

Awesome looking brake set up though for sure. I continue to be impressed with the stuff DPI is putting out.
    Haha lucky I married a gearhead wife then and she dont mind at all! I am always impressed with the stuff that Josh makes it and he is definitely somebody good to deal with! My wife drives a 2016 plum crazy purple Challenger R/T Hemi shaker. She is a big Mopar chick!
    I can understand how some women would be really bothered by all that and I'm glad my wife ain't like that as long as it's not greasy.

Page 633 of 920 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 683 733 ... LastLast