FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 639 of 920 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

IMG_6777.jpg

Engine in the hole

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    IMG_6777.jpg

Engine in the hole
    Now thats different! Like this better than a LS swap! LS swaps are over rated and you see that every day. Me, I love the PRV! Its the little engine that could, BUT, If I were to do a swap, i'd do a Quad 4 with the supercharger! Nice original idea you have there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Any more details you can share about the HUD? What make/model did you decide to go with? Is there any kind of stick on reflector you had to install on the windshield? Any photos of it operational?
    I'll add my 2 cents worth ... I got a GPS HUD for the D and loved it so much that I got one for my daily. I love the one I got for the D and hate the other one and don't use it. The D's is nice and bright. Works great day or night. The daily's does not project a good and bright image on the glass and as such I cant really see the speed on the windshield in the daytime. Both included about a 4" square piece of reflective film but I didn't use either. Try without and you may find it more than satisfactory. The primary benefit from the film is that it eliminated the "shadow" or "ghost" image. With the windshield, the reflected image reflects off the front of the inside glass as well as off the front of the outside glass and that makes for a "ghost" image. On the D, I simply set it on the dash off to the LH side. It only takes a glance to the L to see the speed.

I hate this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I love this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YRMV (Your Reflections May Vary)
    Nick
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Any more details you can share about the HUD? What make/model did you decide to go with? Is there any kind of stick on reflector you had to install on the windshield? Any photos of it operational?
    Hey Mark - so I have the one that Nick bought and does NOT like. It was $22 on eBay and seems to do the trick for me. I have a larger speedo project planned for down the road, so I didn't want to invest too much in to the HUD. It comes with a reflective piece you can stick to the windshield. When I tested it the other day, I didn't need it, when I drove it this morning, I did. I will say, it takes a couple minutes to find the satellites. I don't need to know my speed in my neighborhood, so that's fine by me. You can also change the display to being readable straight on, rather than a reflection. Which gives a lot more mounting options. I'll see if I can take some photos of it in action.

My VIN:    5470

Got my new Polk Audio 8" sub mounted tonight. Not wired yet - that's next. I used the approach someone else here did, just mounting it to a board and putting it over the small hatch opening. I have no idea how this is going to sound, so I built it in such a way that if I need to construct all sides of the box, I have mounting points for it.

20170328_234504.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Got my new Polk Audio 8" sub mounted tonight. Not wired yet - that's next. I used the approach someone else here did, just mounting it to a board and putting it over the small hatch opening. I have no idea how this is going to sound, so I built it in such a way that if I need to construct all sides of the box, I have mounting points for it.

20170328_234504.jpg
    Would love to hear this in person!

Installing new Fuel Lines, from Delorean Industries

Fernando Silotto. Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Delorean Vin 3772

My VIN:    3937

GPS HUD reflections and location

If you are using a GPS based, HUD app as your speedo to replace the angle drive based one, another place you can put it is right on the ledge of the instrument cluster. The reflection goes up on the plastic lense in front of the gauges. You can position it so that it shows the speed on top of the regular speedo gauge, or just beside it, between the speedo and tach in that open space.

You won't find any double reflections in there and it's darker than competing with the direct sunlight. It's also on a slight angle down to help keep it from flying off into your lap. I had used a HUD app on an iPhone 4 and this size of phone fit quite well on that ledge. The one corner would tuck under the trip reset shaft and then I had it so that the power cord end pointed towards the centre of the car (the app used a lot of battery life over time). The app let you rotate the reflected image so you could point your phone in either direction and the image wouldn't be upside down when reflected.

This was only temporary for me until I got my speedo through the angle drive working reliably, but is another thing to think about as you find the ideal spot to place yours.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Free Speedometer ... or HUD speed ... sorta ... maybe

A low cost, and maybe free, alternative to a purchased HUD speedometer is to use an Android cell phone with a GPS speedometer app. If the app lets you flip the display, it may work as a heads up display. If you have an old Android phone not in use, you can dedicate it to the car.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Hey Mark - so I have the one that Nick bought and does NOT like. It was $22 on eBay and seems to do the trick for me.
    My Daily has a more vertical windshield which may be part of the issue for me. So maybe it would work well in the D's steeper angle. Plus I bought mine a couple years back and soon afterwards contacted the seller. He said he would look into the dim reflection ... which maybe he did.

The other thing to be aware of is that the less expensive one requires a USB power supply (so you need to get a 12Vdc to USB adapter). No big deal. Just a heads up (pun intended :-) ).
    Nick

Page 639 of 920 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 ... LastLast