FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 640 of 920 FirstFirst ... 140 540 590 630 638 639 640 641 642 650 690 740 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Now thats different! Like this better than a LS swap! LS swaps are over rated and you see that every day. Me, I love the PRV! Its the little engine that could, BUT, If I were to do a swap, i'd do a Quad 4 with the supercharger! Nice original idea you have there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    But he had to hack the frame!!!!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Well, I think this Frame was wrecked in the rear and he fixed it all? I think? Its whats ever dude. Its your car, do whatcha like. You wanna go faster, go ahead. I myself dont care to much about horsepower. For me, the stock engine, maybe upgraded with cams is all i would need. The supercharged Z/24 with 210hp.... way plenty. But what i cant understand is why you want to build a LS motor and you hardly drive it anyway because of the stupid comments. Isn't kinda pointless? Just asking and you talked about maybe selling it? I dunno, like i said its your car bro. I'll stick with the slow junky K-jet version lol.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Not a DeLorean Guru

Well, I think this Frame was wrecked in the rear and he fixed it all? I think? Its whats ever dude. Its your car, do whatcha like. You wanna go faster, go ahead. I myself dont care to much about horsepower. For me, the stock engine, maybe upgraded with cams is all i would need. The supercharged Z/24 with 210hp.... way plenty. But what i cant understand is why you want to build a LS motor and you hardly drive it anyway because of the stupid comments. Isn't kinda pointless? Just asking and you talked about maybe selling it? I dunno, like i said its your car bro. I'll stick with the slow junky K-jet version lol.

Just teasing you

As to why, I like LS motors, and I'm more about the journey than the destination, so a project like this is right up my alley. And there isn't any engine family that makes more sense for a swap.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

Installed new weatherstripping on the top of the doors going to the T-panel.
    DSC_7021.jpgDSC_7022.jpgDSC_7024.jpg
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Just teasing you

As to why, I like LS motors, and I'm more about the journey than the destination, so a project like this is right up my alley. And there isn't any engine family that makes more sense for a swap.
    Well a LS engine is stupid simple to work on and can fit in anywhere. With me, its not how fast i get there but how i get there. I used to be all about speed and such in the 90's, early 2000's when i built my Oldsmobile engines but now, its about comfort and handling, and yes a little performance and get up. For me, the DeLorean is a perfect balance of that. Handles great, for the mods i did it gets up and goes with a great exhaust note, and with a interior I dont wanna get out of. Also while in that car, i just wanna travel everywhere in that car! I know im speaking for my self but the DeLorean,.... to me, is the ultimate GT Touring car and I use it like a car and not a show queen..

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Not a DeLorean Guru

Well a LS engine is stupid simple to work on and can fit in anywhere. With me, its not how fast i get there but how i get there. I used to be all about speed and such in the 90's, early 2000's when i built my Oldsmobile engines but now, its about comfort and handling, and yes a little performance and get up. For me, the DeLorean is a perfect balance of that. Handles great, for the mods i did it gets up and goes with a great exhaust note, and with a interior I dont wanna get out of. Also while in that car, i just wanna travel everywhere in that car! I know im speaking for my self but the DeLorean,.... to me, is the ultimate GT Touring car and I use it like a car and not a show queen..

Getting old Christian, getting old
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Lmao well i also have a family to think about now but hell, damn wife drives a Hemi Challenger 😲 I love muscle cars also but the DeLorean stole my heart. Its a mechanical version of me. Its simple, doesn't fit in, looks odd different from everything else, goofy and imperfect, but it stands out among the rest. Yeah, maybe i am getting old, oh wait, i am 40 now! The DeLorean is a perfect balance for me. I guess every car has a different feeling for everyone.

Not a DeLorean Guru

If your car looks like you, it must be VERY sexy!
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    But he had to hack the frame!!!!

You know the frames dead stock other then the bolt on rear crossbar, which has nothing to do with the swap..

My VIN:    Early

Finally received my custom door vent replacements machined out of ABS by eMachine Shop.

This is my original RH vent:

These are the two replacements that came today. They cost a pretty penny, so I designed them thicker than the originals.

Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 640 of 920 FirstFirst ... 140 540 590 630 638 639 640 641 642 650 690 740 ... LastLast