FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 644 of 920 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

ramps....?

Scarry lookn' ramps...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    ...Are you working in the kitchen?
    Nop , sorry, that photo was a mess!

Fernando Silotto. Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Delorean Vin 3772

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    If you had fuel on top of the pump from a FULL tank up the filler neck, you must have a leak around the return line pass thru in the boot or a possible crack in the orange fuel line at the Barbed end fitting. They have been known to fail. The inner hose is Teflon. The original factory hoses were Nylon which is tougher that Teflon. Spilling fuel out of the neck is likely to run into the fuel pump boot if the cover was on it and properly secured.

Also the fuel pump harness you repaired is still available from DMCH.
    Economically priced too. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After i dried everything, i don't see any evidence of gas leaking out of the lines (yet), which, even tho not currently pressurized, id expect to see some since not disconnecting those lines means they should still be full of gas. top of the pump was nice and dry this morning when i inspected before heading to work.

I'll see and confirm once i wire it back up and prime the pump if there's any leak on the fuel line. the boot itself didn't appear to have any cracks. I tightened down the hose clamp that secures the support ring and boot around the pump. took several turns to tighten it down so im hoping that it being loose just allowed gas to come up into the inside of the boot.

as for the harness, true DMCH sells the, but 14g wire and some ring terminals already on hand in my garage is still cheaper and quicker than ordering and waiting. but thanks for the heads up!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    After i dried everything, i don't see any evidence of gas leaking out of the lines (yet), which, even tho not currently pressurized, id expect to see some since not disconnecting those lines means they should still be full of gas. top of the pump was nice and dry this morning when i inspected before heading to work.

I'll see and confirm once i wire it back up and prime the pump if there's any leak on the fuel line. the boot itself didn't appear to have any cracks. I tightened down the hose clamp that secures the support ring and boot around the pump. took several turns to tighten it down so im hoping that it being loose just allowed gas to come up into the inside of the boot.

as for the harness, true DMCH sells the, but 14g wire and some ring terminals already on hand in my garage is still cheaper and quicker than ordering and waiting. but thanks for the heads up!
    It would not likely be a leak on the high pressure line. Fuel would be everywhere and the engine would not run due to lose of pressure. It is possible the return line that sees no pressure, just flow, could split at the barbed fitting though. Snugging the clamps for return hardline and pump body should stop any seeping of fuel into the top of pump assuming no other cracks in the boot.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

finished up my pump boot work.

fished out the broken end of the return hose (hose itself was in fine shape surprisingly) and reattached it to the return hardline.
    tightened the boot support clamp (definitely needed some tightening - which im hoping was the root of my fuel issues)
    connected the newly repaired pump wire harness up to the pump

jumpered the pump's power for about 30 seconds and inspected the top of the pump/fuel lines attaching to it for leaks/cracks etc. 0 detected
    fired up the car up and ran it for ~10 mins and observed more (idling, revving). 0 leaks from return/boot.

granted id have to overfill the tank again to really see if it overflows the pump boot again, but i also dont plan on doing that any time soon....

for now, im calling this emergency pump work complete

2017-04-08 16.01.22.jpg 2017-04-08 16.01.27.jpg 2017-04-08 16.10.53.jpg

2017-04-08 16.10.57.jpg

stupid photo rotation from iphone...
    if an admin wants to rotate the pics for me, i'd be much obliged.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The Only time I Top Off the tank is if I plan to drive a fair distance to burn it down right away. I never Top it and park it. Tightening things up likely fixed your issue though.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

The Only time I Top Off the tank is if I plan to drive a fair distance to burn it down right away. I never Top it and park it. Tightening things up likely fixed your issue though.
    I do the same.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

here's hoping that's all it was - so far so good. drove it today for about 25 miles and the pump (and exterior of the tank) is dry!
    I had a VERY faint gas smell on the passenger side wheel well, but that could still simply be residual from all the gas that went everywhere when i took it all apart.

My VIN:    6472

While cleaning my carpets a couple of days ago, I found something underneath. A burger receipt from 1986!
    IMAG0438.jpgIMAG0440.jpg

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    While cleaning my carpets a couple of days ago, I found something underneath. A burger receipt from 1986!
    IMAG0438.jpgIMAG0440.jpg
    That is awesome!!!!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Page 644 of 920 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 ... LastLast