FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 650 of 920 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 640 648 649 650 651 652 660 700 750 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I finally got the smile machine on a lift this past Sunday to detail the underside. Thought I'd show her off.
    No question Colin's (formerly Ben's) D was dirtier when it was originally delivered to America than it is now.

For those who may not know, his car does get driven. I've seen it myself 3 times in various places here in Northern Calif. since it was acquired last year.

Simply splendid.

Well done - including the photography down in the dark bits.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No question Colin's (formerly Ben's) D was dirtier when it was originally delivered to America than it is now.

For those who may not know, his car does get driven. I've seen it myself 3 times in various places here in Northern Calif. since it was acquired last year.

Simply splendid.

Well done - including the photography down in the dark bits.
    That's very kind Rich. We've very lucky in Northern CA to have such nice owners with seriously lovely cars. Yours is one of the best I've seen and I love that you're the original owner. Clearly a lot of love and care has gone into your car over the years. Cheers!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

That's very kind Rich. We've very lucky in Northern CA to have such nice owners with seriously lovely cars. Yours is one of the best I've seen and I love that you're the original owner. Clearly a lot of love and care has gone into your car over the years. Cheers!
    We love having you here!

Personally, I had a busy week with the car. Chased down a gremlin with the A/C panel Lights and dome light module. Fixed both of those. Then installed my sweet new Plasma LEDs in the left hand side of the car. Did this intentionally to get a before/after shot. It's sort of tough to see since the new bulbs way overwhelm the camera in my phone as it tries to average exposure for a dark garage.

But, suffice it to say the old bulbs were almost dangerously dim - the new ones should ensure I'm visible in both Night and day conditions.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    We love having you here!

Personally, I had a busy week with the car. Chased down a gremlin with the A/C panel Lights and dome light module. Fixed both of those. Then installed my sweet new Plasma LEDs in the left hand side of the car. Did this intentionally to get a before/after shot. It's sort of tough to see since the new bulbs way overwhelm the camera in my phone as it tries to average exposure for a dark garage.

But, suffice it to say the old bulbs were almost dangerously dim - the new ones should ensure I'm visible in both Night and day conditions.
    Cheers Jon. Wow. That night shot of the rear LED lights look fantastic. They make a huge difference.

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Cheers Jon. Wow. That night shot of the rear LED lights look fantastic. They make a huge difference.
    And I gotta say, I did an LED conversion with the standard Superbright bulbs a few years ago and was very disappointed. Went back to incandescent for most bulbs eventually. These are so-called "plasma" LEDs, which is a dubious name for the technology, but whatever the marketing fluff they are far brighter than the standard SMD style towers. Our once and future club member David Proehl turned me on to these.
    Jon

The finishing touches arrived from DMCH today. Come Sunday, she'll be in the best shape of her life.

Parts include replacement bolts, washers, fan assembly struts, fender strips, hood components and some other misc. stuff. I also bought an extra luggage net and fresh DMC emblem for the future (15-20 years) just incase DMC ever run out of stock. Would you believe that this lot cost $650. Bonkers.

SO excited to install these tomorrow.

I'm sure the previous owner Ben (Soundkillr) would be very proud of how she's looking right now. I promised to take meticulous care of her.

Last edited by Col Bennett; 05-05-2017 at 07:14 PM.

My VIN:    1019

Just replace RR side marker bulb. Also installed new cabin filter on my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix.

The finishing touches arrived from DMCH today. Come Sunday, she'll be in the best shape of her life.

Parts include replacement bolts, washers, fan assembly struts, fender strips, hood components and some other misc. stuff. I also bought an extra luggage net and fresh DMC emblem for the future (15-20 years) just incase DMC ever run out of stock. Would you believe that this lot cost $650. Bonkers.

SO excited to install these tomorrow.

I'm sure the previous owner Ben (Soundkillr) would be very proud of how she's looking right now. I promised to take meticulous care of her.

Ohhhh yes, we'd believe the cost. You're among friends here on that one.

Decided to go with the OEM sticker kit instead of the stainless? I've also replaced one or two stickers with the originals but the stainless ones are really, really sharp. Just ask the fabled David Proehl.

Oh and hey, be careful when you do those radiator supports. The drivers side one has a ground point attachment on it. So you may need to be sure there is bare metal for that to ground on.

As for me, I tried and failed yet again to mount my stainless bumper letters. Frustrating to be beaten so many times by something so stupid. Tomorrow I am picking up a tube of 3M trim adhesive. Enough of this tape foolishness. And I ordered a Mattaligner from Grady to put all my new console switches in when they arrive.
    Last edited by jawn101; 05-05-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Ohhhh yes, we'd believe the cost. You're among friends here on that one.

Decided to go with the OEM sticker kit instead of the stainless? I've also replaced one or two stickers with the originals but the stainless ones are really, really sharp. Just ask the fabled David Proehl.

Oh and hey, be careful when you do those radiator supports. The drivers side one has a ground point attachment on it. So you may need to be sure there is bare metal for that to ground on.

As for me, I tried and failed yet again to mount my stainless bumper letters. Frustrating to be beaten so many times by something so stupid. Tomorrow I am picking up a tube of 3M trim adhesive. Enough of this tape foolishness. And I ordered a Mattaligner from Grady to put all my new console switches in when they arrive.
    That's great advice Jon. I'll be sure to look for the grounding strip and make sure there's bare metal. Yeah, I'm on a mission to replace anything that's a little tired with an original part so I wanted to go with the OEM kit. Most of them are just spares but there's 2-3 I want to freshen up.

Why don't you try the black 3M weatherstripping adhesive for the stainless letters? It'll have flexibility and good adhesion. Just a thought.

Cheers!

I do have a bunch of 8008 laying around somewhere. I'm not sure if it's as well qualified for the higher temps down there by the muffler. Probably fine but there's a reason 3M makes a jillion different kinds of adhesives - I've found they are all the best possible product, provided you use the right one for the right task.
    Jon

Page 650 of 920 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 640 648 649 650 651 652 660 700 750 ... LastLast