FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 658 of 920 FirstFirst ... 158 558 608 648 656 657 658 659 660 668 708 758 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Restored the headlight assembly

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    07000

Car was running extremely rough. We thought it might be a flywheel out of balance, but I wanted to check the spark plugs to see if any were fouled (one was), but found one bad boot on an spark plug wire- as in cracked and thus no spark to the plug- which wasn't the same one with the fouled plug. Replaced the boot, as otherwise I would have had to buy an $80 cable kit (HEI distributor). Cost me $4 bucks for a boot on another wire to swap it, and put in new plugs too.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

At DMCMW it was brought to my attention that my center console was a quarter inch too low. The 4 in my fan speed was under the prndl plate. I figured that the plastic decal simply slipped but that was incorrect.

Someone at the open house told me how to fix it, I didn't get their name because I'm dumb, but it was an easy fix. Take out four screws, remove gear selector stick thing, lift prndl plate, place under center console, and reassemble everything.

IMG_9931.jpgIMG_9930.jpgIMG_9926.jpg

Before:
    IMG_9932.jpg
    After:
    IMG_9924.jpg
    Last edited by Peripatetic; 06-24-2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added the word "speed"
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Changed the oil/filter, and flushed the brake and clutch fluid.
    Then I put it in a storage unit for the next 70 years, 2 months, and 13 days.
    Astounding.

(Not really, just for the next 2 years while I'm stationed in Korea. A buddy is going to look after it and move it to keep the tires round and stuff)

Took it out of storage after 2 years, 2 months and 16 days.

5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    5180

woo hoo, I hope your first stop is a circle K carwash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Major suspension overhaul. A complete blog post with pictures is here- http://www.8bitdmc.com/2017/06/major...sion-overhaul/ but the list of items tackled were:

- Sandblasted and powder coated the rear links
    - Sandblasted, reinforced, boxed and powder coated the front LCAs
    - Replace all 4 factory original Girling shocks with Ed's AVO adjustables (damping position 7, rear ride height at factory because lowering springs were already in place)
    - Replace all 10 link bushings, front and rear
    - Replace lower ball joints with the new Houston ones
    - Replace all 6 sway bar bushings
    - Install Ed's front end stiffening brackets
    - Clean and fully re-lube upper ball joints

And wow, what a difference. It might as well be a brand new car.

HUGE thanks to Clint (vwdmc16) without whom this would not have been doable, and certainly not in a single 10 hour shot.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    10322

:O Welcome back!

I think those are Arizona plates. Do you know how many and storms it waited indoors for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Got tbe halos of the right side wired up along with the led head lights. High beam was wrong from Amazon so there sending me a feplacement!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Another pic

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

After I found my radiator was starting to leak a bit, I moved up my preventative maintenance cooling system upgrade to now. Installed a new radiator, DPNW cooling fans, and stainless coolant bottle. Boy is it a pain in the butt, but it did seem to go a bit better with 2 people. The DPNW fans are really quiet compared to the old ones which is nice. Got the system bled and the fans turned on and off twice while idling. Went for a test drive and made sure the fans came back on after the drive. Everything worked well!

One thing at the end we were having difficulty with was the coolant bottle cap didn't want to go on all the way. It would keep getting stuck on the first tab. You really have to press down hard while turning to get it over. We ended up using the handle end of a hammer to get better, even pressure (not hitting, just something we could press down on better). This was the cap that came with the bottle too. Should it be this hard to get the cap over that first tab?

Page 658 of 920 FirstFirst ... 158 558 608 648 656 657 658 659 660 668 708 758 ... LastLast