FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 660 of 920 FirstFirst ... 160 560 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 760 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10201

Here it is mounted with the red letters

I wanted 3mm plate, but I got 1mm instead. I got it done for free so I can't complain. It is sturdier than I thought, but I'd prefer even sturdier since the shifter tends to kick back after I let go. This does put some force on the steel.

I'd be willing to share the DXF for some clear red acrylic and red SMD LEDs lol. Assuming shifters have the same travel distance, you should only have to move the gates to the right location.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

why do you want Clear red? opaque will light up just fine.

I have Opaque white in my illuminated plate. if it was clear, I'd have to frost the back side for it to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    why do you want Clear red? opaque will light up just fine.

I have Opaque white in my illuminated plate. if it was clear, I'd have to frost the back side for it to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point. Ill share it for some bright SMDs then lol.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

see post 6560.....road trip

Just got back from our high school reunion on a
    flat bed! Car ran great all the way out and almost
    home. We were both congratulating each other
    when I felt a slight miss occasionally just as we
    approached Big Timber, MT. After lunch the car
    started reluctantly still popping and jerking. I was
    running possible problems through my mind bad
    gas, plug wire, coil, fuel pump when it died in the
    middle of a construction zone.....great. Called
    AAA got location wrong, finally towed to a hotel
    for the night. Knowing I had a spare fuel pump
    I stuck it in expecting the motor to jump to life....
    not. Turns out the pump I thought was new was
    in fact an old one I replaced on a trip in '06. It
    doesn't pay to save old parts. We called my son
    from Kalispell who drove 4 hours to Butte, MT with
    a flat bed trailer and rescued the old man.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Now i have low and high beam leds with halos

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Now i have low and high beam leds with halos
    Are there any laws in place dictating what we can and can't do with replacing headlights with LEDs? I would think it might refer to some level of "brightness", but I don't know how that is measured. Not in a practical sense anyway.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

You'll need to check with State laws for that. The headlight bulbs should also be regulated to be street legal or labeled for off road use only.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    You'll need to check with State laws for that. The headlight bulbs should also be regulated to be street legal or labeled for off road use only.
    Honestly i dont know and im not worried about it. Some of the factory cars with led and hid bulbs are blinding at night. Im always on the road at night on my way into work and there are some cars that are like laser beams.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I figured there was something in place, state by state, or province by province. I am more interested in understanding how such a law is enforced. I suspect we have some sort of regulation here in Ontario, but from what I see with people driving around, it isn't having any impact. Sure doesn't take any special gift or powers of observation to know that an oncoming car has headlights that are way too bright and blinding the other drivers. Seems like that policing or regulation is left up to the individual, and we know how that goes. "Don't tell me what to do" and "I'll do whatever I please, so there" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Honestly i dont know and im not worried about it. Some of the factory cars with led and hid bulbs are blinding at night. Im always on the road at night on my way into work and there are some cars that are like laser beams.

I agree with you on the new cars coming straight out of the factory. Laser beams is right.

Although adopting "an eye for an eye" and "well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy kinda sucks for all of us unfortunately.

Page 660 of 920 FirstFirst ... 160 560 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 760 ... LastLast