FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 661 of 920 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 761 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

As long as your not blinding other drivers, don't think any cop will pull you over and require you have the headlights inspected.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I agree with you on the new cars coming straight out of the factory. Laser beams is right.

Although adopting "an eye for an eye" and "well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy kinda sucks for all of us unfortunately.
    Oh it does and im not trying to sound like a jackass. I know these will be bright but compared to my hids in my other cars and other cars with leds I wont tell and it will awhile before i have her out of the garage. Been doing this, other restoration work and custom stuff to 11035

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It more to do with proper aiming, than the source.

Also, remember when your sitting in a delorean your eye level is below the The cutoff line on taller On coming vehicles. Newer Pickups are the Worst offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10201

I've asked cops about illegal modifications (underglow, , tints, etc) in the past, and it generally isn't used as a specific reason to stop someone. So, they might use it as a visible excuse to stop you if they suspect you of doing anything criminal such as a dui, but would otherwise leave you alone. Of course it's up to the officer, but most don't seem too concerned with something like that to enforce it.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

No and in todays world they look for alot worse. It really is all about how well you have them aimed. Your new trucks and cars are much higher simce your in a DeLorean.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

New fuel pump fitted.

I was sick of the smell of fuel and leaking fuel pump boot. It seems that the return line leaks fuel up the rubber boot as it is not a clamped seal. It's quite loose where it goes through the rubber boot.
    So I fitted Hervey's new style pump. Had a bit of a struggle to get it in and locked down but it's in. Not much fun bending over a full tank of fuel for a couple of hours. I put an extra hose clamp on the new pump seal above the original one as it did not seal that well.
    No more leaking fuel when the tank is full and also a much quieter pump.
    Vin 12181

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

I have a newer style pump but haven't put it in. As much as I hate the meatgrinder noise my pump makes, my car is one of those where the pump does not always run when the key is turned to Run. But once it is turned to CRANK/START then the pump gets turned on.

Rumor is that in some cars the RPM relay doesn't consistently engage when the key is put into RUN but the spike from engaging the starter starts the RMP relay. So I use the noise to let me know the status and adjust my starting sequence to allow it to pressurize first. That all said, this is one of those things that I keep thinking there must be a better way.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    I have a newer style pump but haven't put it in. As much as I hate the meatgrinder noise my pump makes, my car is one of those where the pump does not always run when the key is turned to Run. But once it is turned to CRANK/START then the pump gets turned on.

Rumor is that in some cars the RPM relay doesn't consistently engage when the key is put into RUN but the spike from engaging the starter starts the RMP relay. So I use the noise to let me know the status and adjust my starting sequence to allow it to pressurize first. That all said, this is one of those things that I keep thinking there must be a better way.
    There is, its called get a DM-eng Solid state RPM relay. I've been using one since DCS Gettysburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post

Your correct some cars don't always prime (running the pump for 1 second). What fires the RPM relay is an ignition pulse. The OEM RPM relay never had a design to prime so I think it's that some RPM relays are more sensitive to seeing that ignition pulse when the key is turned to on.

My solid state relay is designed to prime the pump when it gets power from the key circuit. After that it keeps the pump running via ignition pulses.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by airfireman1 View Post
    I was sick of the smell of fuel and leaking fuel pump boot. It seems that the return line leaks fuel up the rubber boot as it is not a clamped seal. It's quite loose where it goes through the rubber boot.
    So I fitted Hervey's new style pump. Had a bit of a struggle to get it in and locked down but it's in. Not much fun bending over a full tank of fuel for a couple of hours. I put an extra hose clamp on the new pump seal above the original one as it did not seal that well.
    No more leaking fuel when the tank is full and also a much quieter pump.
    Vin 12181
    I would reccomend getting the correct GM plug for the pump. I didn't care for the one he provided. Here is my pump installed:

image.jpg

This is the cheapest price I've seen for the pump harness.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...3952&ppt=C0025

It's from O'reilly, and you can order it at the store if they don't have it in stock. It's available on RockAuto as well as an AC Delco part.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...423921&jsn=908

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...423921&jsn=907
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 06-30-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Page 661 of 920 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 761 ... LastLast