FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 678 of 920 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 778 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Sort of like COSplay for cars... like CARplay. Is that a word? It is now.

Attachment 53104
    Yes, it's trademarked by Apple...

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Like a razor! I did mine several years ago and they never reverted back
    Well thats good to know! So yours have been doing good all this time!?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Well thats good to know! So yours have been doing good all this time!?

I used aluminium flat bars(can't remember the size) but I was very careful and patient with my heat gun so not to damage the finish. I used a 3M plastic repair epoxy designed just for plastic bumpers to secure the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I used aluminium flat bars(can't remember the size) but I was very careful and patient with my heat gun so not to damage the finish. I used a 3M plastic repair epoxy designed just for plastic bumpers to secure the bars.
    Yeah i know alot of precautions you must take as to not bar b que the paint. I used aluminium bars also about 1/8tg thick. Im sure that plastic epoxy is pretty good stuff. I used the 3M windshield adhesive and hold pretty tough. I didn't have to take to many precautions as my paint was bad anyway. Beats paying the $1000 fiberglass fascia.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

I got the other NOS shock installed. I had new lower bolts and the drivers side was no problem but the passenger side I could not remove the bolt. I got the bolt turning but did not want to do pounding with a hammer for fear of breaking that casting. I got it out about one inch by pressing on the bolt as I turned it then then it started binding again. So the old bolt is still there.

I had to do this while the baby was napping. I'm back to baby sitting again now that school has started (my daughter is a teacher).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Reworked my brakes. refurbished the calipers, installed new pads. Front passenger side was dragging and getting warm. Both front and rear passenger side pistons had a lot of rust pits. Replaced with new. Drivers side pistons looked brand new??

P7031026.jpg

My VIN:    4941

Tried to install another Craig radio (my original was fried). I am only getting left side speakers to work ( yes I tried balance knob ).
    I believe that the ground to the right channel is fried. Does anyone have an idea/ suggestion/ similar situation? I am trying to retain original radio......
    Thanks
    Charlie

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Tried to install another Craig radio (my original was fried). I am only getting left side speakers to work ( yes I tried balance knob ).
    I believe that the ground to the right channel is fried. Does anyone have an idea/ suggestion/ similar situation? I am trying to retain original radio......
    Thanks
    Charlie
    Fried, or just loose? If you've been into your centre console at one time or another, one of the ground wires might have come off the common bolt so many of them are tied to. It's a screw on the lower right hand corner of the HVAC/stereo metal bracket. It's a common ground collection point for about 3-4 grounds, and then a separate ground wire connects there and goes back to the fuse and relay area behind the passenger seat. You may need to get your voltmeter out and start checking for continuity on those grounds.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Fried, or just loose? If you've been into your centre console at one time or another, one of the ground wires might have come off the common bolt so many of them are tied to. It's a screw on the lower right hand corner of the HVAC/stereo metal bracket. It's a common ground collection point for about 3-4 grounds, and then a separate ground wire connects there and goes back to the fuse and relay area behind the passenger seat. You may need to get your voltmeter out and start checking for continuity on those grounds.
    I appreciate the help....BUT the ground going into the radio is fine....
    The ground coming out (to the speakers) is bad....
    Thanks
    Charlie

After 2 1/2 mon ths 11035 is om the road again from getting new performance front brakes and rotors, factory replacement rears, stainless radius arms, stainless lower control arms, custom front support bars for LCA's, machined wheels and tires and QA1 adjustable coil overs and all new headlights with led bulbs amd halo's

Page 678 of 920 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 778 ... LastLast