FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 682 of 920 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 732 782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Worse....a Tigger is trying to steal the car!
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Tigger has been my copilot in every car I have owned since the 90's. I can't even remember where I got him, I think my GF at the time won him for me in one of those crane games. He used to stay in the cargo net until his service as a pilot in my air force (seriously the plane looked like it was made for him...so I had to draft him) After I sold the jet, he returned to my car but this time with honor as the gear shift guardian.

tiger.jpgtiger2.jpg

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I think that would look good if you put a small little LED strip in there for a nice even displacement of the lighting throughout the gate selector. I know what you mean about putting a standard LED in it because my wife's 2005 Jeep Liberty her automatic console shifter light went out and it was originally green so I replaced it with a green LED but I noticed the light is an evenly distributed but I do plan on doing some custom stuff to her Jeep that she just doesn't know about yet lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    This is what I did to my transmission selector (small strip of LEDs). It distributes the light quite nicely and every letter is nice and bright (and the red selection indicator can actually be seen). The only issue I had to address was light 'leakage' around the edges of the letter strip.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    After talking about it, I dedicated an hour or so and replaced my single led bulb in my shift gate with a led strip. Looks awesome and I used my monokote trim sheet to make some nice even red windows instead of the transparent marker crap. The interior light journey is complete although I may swing by the hobby store tomorrow and pick up another trim sheet and do the gear letters in green. Next up, all exterior LEDs.

Attachment 53396

Attachment 53397
    Now that looks really nice Michael and lights up extremely well and does that automatic shifter Justice is night. Have you thought about changing out the light bulbs behind your hazard light and headlight switch? I put a green one in my headlight switch to kind of match the green indicator in the instrument cluster.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Now that looks really nice Michael and lights up extremely well and does that automatic shifter Justice is night. Have you thought about changing out the light bulbs behind your hazard light and headlight switch? I put a green one in my headlight switch to kind of match the green indicator in the instrument cluster.

I never thought if that as it has never bothered me....until now

Was it because i mentioned it?

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Like this

Quote Originally Posted by durech View Post
    This is what I did to my transmission selector (small strip of LEDs). It distributes the light quite nicely and every letter is nice and bright (and the red selection indicator can actually be seen). The only issue I had to address was light 'leakage' around the edges of the letter strip.
    Im sure that was a easy fix though

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Michael,

Looks like your Headlight switch cap is pretty worn. I recall someone was making new overlay decals to spruce up worn switches. I just don't recall who it was. I think it is someone in the UK or EURO though.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Michael,

Looks like your Headlight switch cap is pretty worn. I recall someone was making new overlay decals to spruce up worn switches. I just don't recall who it was. I think it is someone in the UK or EURO though.
    Thanks! I will check that out.

Page 682 of 920 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 732 782 ... LastLast