FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 687 of 920 FirstFirst ... 187 587 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 737 787 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    You've already done the hard part... Hoses were pretty easy when I did mine last year. I used the DPI hoses and they were super simple to install, once i figured out where the fittings went.

I'm actually going with the compressor, accumulator, and line kit from DPI, and I will stop at DMCH tomorrow to buy a new condenser as well. Yes, $900 for good AC is a bit steep, but at least I won't have to worry about it for another 15 years...hopefully.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Today I finally buttoned everything back up after my brake overhaul. Scrubbed an vacuumed the interior of the trunk and also cleaned the floor mats. (found a video of a guy who sprays with engine degreaser, then laundry detergent with a scrub brush, then a wetdry vac. My floor mats looks WAY better!) Finally finished my RetroSound Model 2 install (my rear speakers are blown and wow to get to them! sheesh! New fronts installed) Also took went on a drive, the first in a while. Noticed my volt meter was showing under 13V, but at the battery i'm showing 14.2v. THEN I went for a drive and the dash showed around 8v, but no battery light. Again, 14.2v at the battery while running. Its just a gauge. My driver door is also sticking a bit on the front striker. Man what I would give to get my doors aligned by someone who knows what they're doing. Found my locks are also kinda screwed up. A little afraid of getting locked inside... also my clutch pedal squeaks. Little things!

10588 is BACK ON THE ROAD! WOOHOO!!!
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    You've already done the hard part... Hoses were pretty easy when I did mine last year. I used the DPI hoses and they were super simple to install, once i figured out where the fittings went.
    The lines from DPI are my next step also. Already have a new polished compressor and accumulator. I heard those lines are simple. Btw. $130 for the compressor on Amazon. Been on there for 3 years and no issues.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    The lines from DPI are my next step also. Already have a new polished compressor and accumulator. I heard those lines are simple. Btw. $130 for the compressor on Amazon. Been on there for 3 years and no issues.
    I actually ordered only the line kit from DPI. I was going to buy DMCH's condenser and compressor today, only to find out they are are closed until the 5th. With that, I ordered an aftermarket Sanden SD7H15 from a reputable seller on eBay, and I found an unpainted condenser that will hopefully fit in place of the original serpentine.

If I receive all the parts by Friday or Saturday, I'll vacuum and charge with a machine on Monday and report back...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Today I passed California smog! The guy let my car idle for almost 30 minutes. Worried about overheating the car but it didn't budge from its perfect temp. Breezed through smog. Good job John!
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

30 minutes? was he trying to get a fail or what? I dont even think a uk mot lets it sit that long...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I ordered an aftermarket Sanden SD7H15 from a reputable seller
    I have the same compressor and it's great! 7-cyl is noticeably smoother than the SD5, and the DPI kit fittings at the compressor head fit much better with the SD7's vertically oriented ports. You could probably rotate the SD5 head to match but these ship rotated by default and the lines sit much more naturally.

I have the 26" universal condenser and the whole system works great. There weren't any universal 28" at the time *shakes fist*
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    4665

If I receive all the parts by Friday or Saturday, I'll vacuum and charge with a machine on Monday and report back...
    Don't forget a proper flush of evap and condenser.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I actually ordered only the line kit from DPI. I was going to buy DMCH's condenser and compressor today, only to find out they are are closed until the 5th. With that, I ordered an aftermarket Sanden SD7H15 from a reputable seller on eBay, and I found an unpainted condenser that will hopefully fit in place of the original serpentine.

I definitely want to get a unpainted condenser to put in my car and eventually replace the lines because I already got a new compressor and receiver drier along with a new orifice tube.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3294

have the same compressor and it's great! 7-cyl is noticeably smoother than the SD5, and the DPI kit fittings at the compressor head fit much better with the SD7's vertically oriented ports. You could probably rotate the SD5 head to match but these ship rotated by default and the lines sit much more naturally.
    The heads of the Sanden compressors are adjustable in their orientation, but you have to do a little work to the compressor. There are registration pins behind the compressor head that force it to have the ports at the 12 o'clock position, or the 6 o'clock position. If you remove the head off the back of the compressor and shave off the registration pins with a dremel tool, you can rotate the head any direction that you deem necessary to work with your particular car. On mine, I rotated the head one bolt hole counter-clockwise so the fittings would be oriented where the hoses and charge ports would clear the engine cover.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 687 of 920 FirstFirst ... 187 587 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 737 787 ... LastLast