FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 689 of 920 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Yesterday I installed a battery disconnect switch. I was looking for a simple, nonintrusive unit:

I liked the yellow zinc plating. Here it is installed, on the negative post as recommended. Just tighten the green knob to turn the battery on, and loosen it to disconnect. You can also remove the knob as a measure of antitheft security.
    I have had one very similar to that on my car for just about the entire 10 years I've owned it. The knob is red on the one I have. It was a DMCX product way back when. I don't see it on their website at the moment though.

I found getting it onto the negative terminal (as mentioned in the instructions and as you noted) a pain in the butt because of the battery compartment on our cars. It's manageable to get it installed on the negative terminal, but it wasn't very easily reachable when you went to use it to disconnect the battery. That'd be ok in a planned situation, but not so much if you had an electrical fire perhaps and needed it off ASAP.

I have had mine installed on the positive terminal because of that the whole time. I've never had any issues with it there and it's easier to access. No electrical fires to speak of thankfully though either. Just wanted to mention that as I was concerned initially as to whether it would be okay to install it on the positive terminal (and against the directions it came with).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

I don't see any reason to have it mounted on the ground as opposed to the positive post.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    05457

I have a cut off switch nearly identical to the one you installed in these photos and I have it on the positive terminal. As mentioned earlier, in an electrical fire getting to it quickly and easily is the most important thing.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

I found a picture of mine installed:

IMG_4542.jpg

I can reach it from the driver's seat. I often put the knob, once removed, in the coin tray until ready for take-off again.

(I think the knob on mine is black... not sure why I thought it was red.)

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks for the comments and pictures guys. It's good to see that the battery disconnect switch is a tried and true design! I'll have to consider putting it on the positive post then, as it would certainly be easier to reach, especially in an emergency as noted.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I found that my fuse block melted to shit.
    Attachment 53834Attachment 53835

Still waiting for DPI to ship my AC lines....
    Called up Josh at DPI and found out my lines have just been shipped via USPS. I also went to DMCH today, and Crystal had my order ready for pickup while they are still technically closed for inventory.

Also, got this Chinese bad boy in today...
    image.jpg
    But at a price over $100 lower than DMCH, I'm not complaining.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Called up Josh at DPI and found out my lines have just been shipped via USPS. I also went to DMCH today, and Crystal had my order ready for pickup while they are still technically closed for inventory.

Also, got this Chinese bad boy in today...
    image.jpg
    But at a price over $100 lower than DMCH, I'm not complaining.
    The DMCEU one from PJ Grady was $60 cheaper and comes with stainless hardware and bushings. It's also got the proper mounting points as well.

My VIN:    5625

[QUOTE=Christian Dietrich;218497]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    They are powdercoated and machined and no problems at all with John. I think there is a $2000 core charge but it wont be applied because he knows it takes time to swap them out. Just had these and new tires and centers added yesterday. Around $850 for the set.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    So are these the wheels that John describes as silver? or do you have some custom finish?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I found a picture of mine installed:

IMG_4542.jpg

I can reach it from the driver's seat. I often put the knob, once removed, in the coin tray until ready for take-off again.

(I think the knob on mine is black... not sure why I thought it was red.)
    Mine look almost exactly like this, except the knob is green. I have used it for almost 10 years now. And I must have a backwards battery, as the negative terminal is closest to the front, and so easiest to reach from the drivers seat, and so that is the post I have it on.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

[QUOTE=Trstno1;226107]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post

So are these the wheels that John describes as silver? or do you have some custom finish?
    The wheel is powder coated with a bit or metallic in it then it is machined on the outer part of the turbine and rim lip.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 689 of 920 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 ... LastLast