FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 703 of 920 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 753 803 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice work Christian.

My car is also a black interior and while I haven't had too much trouble with the door handles, I struggle mightily with getting the key into the ignition sometimes! I find it is impossibly dark to see what you're doing right at the ignition switch. Probably what those lighted keys were for originally!

You ever thought about some sort of small LED right in that area, or maybe a lighted ring around the ignition cylinder similar to the same way it's done around the cigar lighter?
    I have used these on keys for years and works great. Would be an easy solution/fix: I just googled and found this listing on ebay.
    Thumb Lite
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thumb-Lite-...rd!54481!US!-1

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Took my car to a science fair at Skyview HS. Near where I live. 20171121_070047.jpg
    Attached Images

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    I have used these on keys for years and works great. Would be an easy solution/fix: I just googled and found this listing on ebay.
    Thumb Lite
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thumb-Lite-...rd!54481!US!-1
    Huh thats a interesting piece! Is it bright?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Took my car to a science fair at Skyview HS. Near where I live. 20171121_070047.jpg
    Now thats bad ass!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3294

Christian, what type of LED did you use under the door latch. I showed the photo to my wife and she said, "Do that to the car before we go on a trip again!"
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Christian, what type of LED did you use under the door latch. I showed the photo to my wife and she said, "Do that to the car before we go on a trip again!"
    Glad you and you wife like it sir! Here is a copy of the link from AutoZone.
    https://m.autozone.com/lighting/inte..._0_0?location=

Remove the upper door panel and the center door pull bar where the pull strap used to go and the trim plate around the latch. Tied the wires into the non used electric heated mirror circuit which always has power when keyed on. I cut out the white connector that doesn't plug into anything and it's right at the upper top part of the door where the wires come out for the power mirrors and you will see a black wire and a white/green wire.

The kit i cut off the cig lighter end and stripped the wires which were white and black. The black went to the white/green wire and the white went to black. The leds are held with 3M tape. Clean the bottom of the last row good with rubbing alcohol and I install the light upside down through the hole where the pull bar goes. Its that simple sir

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    The leds are held with 3M tape. Clean the bottom of the last row good with rubbing alcohol and I install the light upside down through the hole where the pull bar goes. Its that simple sir
    FYI:
    If you find your 3M tape does not hold. Try this tape:
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...UaAvLyEALw_wcB

I installed mercury switches in my doors to replace the OEM door switches. I had used normal 3M tape and it let go in a month or two. I then used that servo tape and it's been years holding fine.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    FYI:
    If you find your 3M tape does not hold. Try this tape:
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...UaAvLyEALw_wcB

I installed mercury switches in my doors to replace the OEM door switches. I had used normal 3M tape and it let go in a month or two. I then used that servo tape and it's been years holding fine.
    Thanks Dave! Good idea! Once i removed the pull down bar you can get to the underside easily. I cleaned the bottom really good with alcohol and seems to be holding quite well! I'll keep this in mind if i have a issue! Btw have a good Thanks Giving buddy!

My VIN:    3294

Clean the bottom of the last row good with rubbing alcohol and I install the light upside down through the hole where the pull bar goes. Its that simple sir
    Picked up a set of those lights during lunch today at my local Autozone. Still not exactly clear "WHERE" they are supposed to stick to? The bottom of the door latch? Also, you mentioned "clean the bottom of the last row good". Last row of what?
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Picked up a set of those lights during lunch today at my local Autozone. Still not exactly clear "WHERE" they are supposed to stick to? The bottom of the door latch? Also, you mentioned "clean the bottom of the last row good". Last row of what?
    My interpretation of the “auto-correct” faux pas , would be.

Clean the bottom of the light real good with rubbing alcohol and install upside down to the underside of the inner door latch handle or lever with VHB tape. If I was guessing.

Very clever idea btw.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-22-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 703 of 920 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 753 803 ... LastLast